Our Technology Risk Consulting ("TRC")
professionals provide IT-related internal and external audit services and risk-related IT advisory services, to assist management, internal audit, and external financial statement audit teams to understand, evaluate, and improve IT governance, risk, and control. What you will do
As Senior Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
What you bring to the role
- Managing the development and execution of engagement and project plans.
- Simultaneously managing work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Audit and assessment of IT governance, risks and controls in a range of areas, such as:
- IT planning and organization;
- IT project risks and controls;
- General IT controls (e.g. access, system development, change, and operations controls);
- Business process controls, including application and interface controls;
- Data conversion.
- Communicating (written and verbal) findings and recommendations to the client including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports and analyses; preparation of advisory and assurance reports and related deliverables.
- Business development:
- Be active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services;
- developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients;
- Identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities;
- Leading development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research.
A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviours such as the following:
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program .
- Accounting and audit / IT audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CA, CIA, and/or CISA)
- Aspiration to pursue further relevant education and designations (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, PMP, etc.).
- 10 to 15 years of combined relevant experience in Audit (internal and/or external audit), Consulting (e.g. system implementation, project management, IT consulting, risk management consulting, cyber security, etc.), and/or relevant roles in industry or the public sector (e.g. risk management or internal control function, IT, cyber security, finance and accounting, project management, system implementation project experience, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally when required.
- Ability to identify and evaluate risks (e.g. strategic/operational, financial, financial reporting, compliance and audit risks) and their IT underpinnings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to clearly communicate issues and solutions to all levels, on both a formal and informal basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- Strong business, engagement, and project management skills.
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance