Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Global Operations and Business Services is a diverse and dynamic group of individuals, whose varied talents and experiences enable us to provide critical infrastructure services that support and/or control the trading, investment, and corporate banking functions of TD Securities. We are committed to innovation with purpose, execution with excellence, and continually improving the employee value proposition. We foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, and community giving. Our dynamic team is divided into five main functional areas: Capital Markets, Financing Operations, Payment and Correspondent Banking Services, Business Services, and Change Delivery.
Part of the Global Fixed Income and Funding Operations Group, the Trade Operations Strategic Initiatives team has dual responsibility for driving and managing the Group's change initiatives and providing challenge to the business-as-usual processes to ensure optimal performance, control, and client satisfaction. Distributed globally, the Strategic Initiatives Team provides the change management expertise to lead the definition of the Group's strategic principles and is accountable for providing the necessary planning, governance, coordination, and risk management to effectively deliver on those goals.
If you are industrious, collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking, while also maintaining a commercial view on the market, joining our team could be an ideal opportunity for you. Job Description
Reporting locally to the Global Head of Fixed Income and Funding Operations and functionally to the Director of Fixed Income and Funding Operation's Strategic Initiatives Team, the Senior Manager is responsible for helping to identify and drive a variety of change initiatives impacting the global the Fixed Income and Funding Operations teams based in Canada. The role will work closely with all other global Operations teams in New York, Europe, and Asia to ensure a high degree of global awareness and coordination of efforts. The Senior Manager will drive the successful delivery of the Group's change agenda by:
The accountabilities of the role include:
- Providing hands-on delivery management and leadership during all phases of project execution
- In partnership with Group leadership, identifying and analyzing change opportunities that advance the Group's platform and strategic agendas and operating model
- Establishing and maintaining effective governance and planning routines aimed at ensuring efficient use of resources and achievement of agreed change goals
- Ensuring a high degree of cross-Operations coordination and consideration of the GO&BS end-to-end process chain
- Creating and maintaining change communication and reporting mechanisms to leadership and stakeholder groups
- Responsible for managing the execution of change programs sponsored by or impacting Toronto Fixed Income Operations and Global Funding Operations
- Identify and deliver initiatives to enhance the Global Operations and Business Services Target Operating Model, Strategic Roadmap, and Operational framework
- Perform change impact assessments ensuring consideration for all aspects of Global Markets Operations (Trade Operations, Control Services, Regulatory Services, etc)
- Work closely with RTB teams and infrastructure partners to ensure high quality process flows and business requirements are documented
- Actively manage the delivery critical path to ensure work is delivered on-time and on-budget. Ensure appropriate resolution of issues and escalation where necessary
- Establish and maintain ideation/prioritization forums focused on delivering technology improvements to the group's applications and platform stack. Drive consensus to achieve a single coordinated prioritization across Global Fixed Income and Funding Operations.
- Act as product owner for assigned applications in development scrum sessions.
- Establish and provide effective reporting and change communication routines
- Securities processing subject matter knowledge, Fixed Income and Funding experience preferred
- Confident with strong communication skills and an ability to articulate complex issues in a concise manner
- Ability to engage stakeholders across TD Securities, industry working groups, and vendor partners
- A strong ability to collaborate and influence decisions
- Excellent presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to develop meaningful and succinct presentations to positively influence strategy and decisions
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and an ability to collect and analyze data and provide insights.
- Able to effectively facilitate and manage meetings, often across geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to interact effectively and provide support and leadership on various initiatives
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record to deliver results
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Certification would be an asset
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt or Green Belt Certification would be an asset
- Project and Change Management experience will be an asset for this position
- Ability to convey complex information concisely, simply and with clarity
- Ability to develop good business relationships with "internal clients" and elicit necessary information to provide value-added service
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and 'think outside of the box'
- Proven ability to interact effectively and provide support and leadership within the department and liaise with our partners
- In depth knowledge of industry, regulatory and compliance spaces to manage the Operational, Regulatory, Financial and Reputational risks
- Working knowledge of new technologies and how they may be applied to our business challenges
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Creative and Graphic Design