Title: Senior Manager, Tax Operational Risk
Requisition ID: 90411
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Taxation Department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. This role supports the Director, Tax Operational Risk in enterprise-wide tax operational risk governance through tax advisory regarding the implementation and sustainment of tax regulatory regimes governing tax operations and tax information reporting and withholding. Key Accountabilities:
Experience / Education:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Assist Director of Tax Operational Risk in providing tax advice and counsel in respect of governance frameworks and processes related to tax regulatory regimes including the Qualified Intermediary (QI), FATCA and the CRS regimes.
- Provide enterprise-wide governance and advice in respect of tax compliance in the areas of tax onboarding, due diligence, and information, withholding, and reporting as related to QI and the FATCA/CRS regimes.
- Provide technical support to the QI/FATCA/CRS sustainment team, the Responsible Officer, and throughout QI/FATCA/CRS compliance, audits and independent reviews.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Bank's business lines to drive enterprise-wide compliance in the areas impacting tax operations and onboarding related to QI, FATCA, and CRS.
- Together with the Operations, Governance and Internal Control teams, support the creation and monitoring of tax relevant processes and in support of compliance with the information reporting and withholding regimes.
- Provide tax technical and second-line support to the Regulatory Operations and Control group and in order to ensure tax compliant implementation of QI and FATCA/CRS.
- Assist in providing support for counterparty requests for Scotia tax forms in relation to FATCA/CRS self-certifications and U.S. forms.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
- Tax lawyer or CPA, ideally with a minimum of 4 years' experience in Financial Services and/or capital markets tax advisory, with focused experience in respect of the QI/FATCA/CRS regimes.
- Fluency in Spanish and Project Management experience are a plus.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Accounting, Bank, Banking, Tax, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance