To effectively compete in the global market and maximize profitability, businesses need efficient supply chains that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are looking for a Senior and Manager - Supply Chain and Operations to join our teams in Toronto and Ottawa. As a supply chain professional, you will work with business leaders to provide insights into supply chain transformation, sourcing, procurement, inbound logistics, engineering, manufacturing, final assembly, and product service and delivery. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, we will help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment, providing strategic advice in the areas of procurement, manufacturing, logistics, planning, and the overall value chain, this just might be the role you've been searching for.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior/Manager on the Supply Chain & Operations team, you will contribute to Supply Chain & Operations client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements and escalate these as appropriate.
Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. Drawing on your knowledge and experience, you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with EY's commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Travel may be required when safe to do so or for critical business needs. Client responsibilities
• Manage and take a leadership role in EY's SC&O client engagements • Identify and lead business development opportunities • Create long term, trusted advisor relationships with senior client management • Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders • Oversee and take active part in creating project documentation and creating relevant reports • Build strong internal relationships within the Consulting practice and across other service lines People responsibilities
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff • Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff • Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training SC&O professionals • Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills • Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures Skills and attributes for success
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment (and know when to lead and when to follow) • Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • Excellent communications skills including oral, written, and presentation • A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude • An ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges To qualify for the role you must have
• Outstanding academic record including a bachelor's degree and a minimum 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience • Demonstrated experience with driving change and procurement cost savings at leading practices organizations • Experience in asset intensive organizations (Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas etc.) or the Public Sector • Experience with Category Management and related Strategic Sourcing activities. Preferred candidates will demonstrate experience with managing multiple, full-cycle sourcing projects for complex categories and requiring significant stakeholder engagement. • Improving procurement performance for large-spend organizations with complex requirements • Developing and/or implementing Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) frameworks • Experience with contract management and cost recovery particularly for large capital programs. Ideally, you'll also have
• A post-graduate degree and/or a professional designation (e.g. SCMP, CPSM) is an asset What we look for
We're looking for people that are passionate supply chain consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting businesses achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role might very well be for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support