WSP is currently seeking a Senior Structural Manager for the Engineering Services team covering Central and Atlantic Canada for the Energy, Resources and Industry (ERI) business line. This team supports heavy and light industrial clients working on projects covering mining (above and below ground), smelters and refineries, chemical plants, pulp and paper, steel making, food and beverage and other industrial processes. This position will be located in one of the team's key hubs including Etobicoke, Thornhill, Sudbury, Thunder Bay or Saskatoon.
The Structural Manager reports to the Director, Resources, Central and Atlantic and will be responsible for all structural discipline resources. As part of the overall plan for the team, the Structural Manager will be responsible for growing the team in all regions and implementing a robust leadership structure with strong relations between regions that maximize collaboration within the group and across other WSP Business Lines. While not responsible for day-to-day design activities, you will be responsible for oversight of key structural projects and for supporting resources at a design level and for developing creative and cost-effective solutions to everyday design challenges. Additionally, you will also manage key client relations throughout the life cycle of engineering services. Your past experience should include structural design knowledge of project work from conceptual design and studies through to project completion and management experience leading highly productive technical teams. Effective communication, technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team of engineers and designers are integral parts of this role.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. WSP
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.