At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity
KPMG Canada is growing and is seeking a seasoned Senior Manager, National Innovation Strategic Projects to lead strategic projects driving the development of new Innovation-based service offerings for the Canadian Managing Partner (CMP) of Innovation at KPMG. Reporting to the Director of Digital & Innovation, this role works closely with Innovation leadership and client delivery teams to drive a number of projects that include solutions development, ecosystem partner relationship development, and solution go-to-market planning.
KPMG is building capabilities and solutions to respond to client demand to help our clients innovate and take advantage of the innovation economy to build competitive differentiation. The role will be pivotal to developing new client service offerings that will help our clients innovate to bring new products and services to market, meet their net zero emissions targets or build a presence in the metaverse. This new role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a significant area of growth for KPMG Canada and requires in-depth knowledge of professional advisory services and the innovation ecosystem.
This role is integrated into the National Innovation team, working shoulder to shoulder with leaders to develop strategic priorities for the firm with high visibility and interaction with senior executives. This is a fast-paced and high-demand position and requires a seasoned and innovative project manager who will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to build and execute project deliverables. The successful candidate is results-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced team environment while displaying exceptional interpersonal, collaboration and influencing skills, with a desire to be hands-on to deliver success. Building relationships and partnering closely with senior executives and internal leaders is critical to success in this role.
The successful candidate understands the complexity of the innovation landscape and is a strategic and creative thinker with proven experience managing strategic projects. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Lead end-to-end delivery of multiple projects, managing complex stakeholder relationships and mobilizing delivery teams to achieve outcomes
- Project manage several workstreams that culminate in the incubation of new innovation-focused service offerings, working collaboratively with client service teams
- Work collaboratively with the Innovation Partnership Lead to build an ecosystem of innovation partners that include start-ups, academia, KPMG's Ignition Centre and client delivery teams
- Project manage the development and launch of go-to-market plans to bring service offerings to market
- Build a project plan for each workstream and manage to project timelines
- Communicate with stakeholders, including senior executives at regular intervals on the status of project timelines and constraints
- Support and prepare workstream leaders for regular updates to the senior executive on project progress
- As part of the Digital & Innovation team provide input on KPMG's strategy on Innovation and go-to-market plans
- Contribute to the evolving body of knowledge within the Innovation team on the innovation and emerging technology landscape
- A project management professional with 7 to 10 years' experience
- Experience in the Innovation / Digital / Technology space is an asset; knowledge and curiosity in this emerging space is required
- A proven aptitude for initiative and innovation. A strategic, creative thinker who fosters a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value.
- Experience collaborating, consulting and achieving results with senior leadership
- Experience working in a partnership or professional services environment or a complex matrix-style organizational structure is an asset
- Team leadership capabilities with a drive to work closely in a collaborative team environment, lead internal and external teams and manage project deliverables.
- Self-directed individual with an eagerness to excel, a positive, solution-oriented approach who is accustomed to a fast-paced environment
- Proven project management skills with the ability to get buy-in and support for projects from diverse and often widespread stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, project management, change management and consulting skills to balance multiple priorities and stakeholder expectations / business demands
This is a remote/hybrid position. #li-remote Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Management and Executive