55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Consults on analytical solutions to understand, analyze, and synthesize requirements, goals and objectives relative to data and business intelligence needs and to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes. Provides advice on the configuration, functionality, applicability, and usability of data management, data analytics, and data visualization technology solutions. Supports the development of the strategy and roadmap for data quality and data analytics, data modeling, reporting, business intelligence, and the design and development of sophisticated decision support tools.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of analytic solutions.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders about business needs and data needs.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Leads the design, implementation and management of new and innovative analytics & reporting solutions.
- Leads the design and production of regular/ad-hoc analytics and reporting solutions and cyclical programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide subject matter insights and recommendations.
- Structures and assembles data into multi-dimensions with various granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Cleanses, manipulates, and transforms data through programming / scripting for model training and validation.
- Automates validation tests to improve quality and efficiency of the validation process.
- Validates and tests models used in analytics and reporting to assess/address performance and compliance.
- Conducts various pre-implementation and post-implementation analyses to estimate/measure business impact caused by model adoption (e.g., revenue increase, cost reduction, corporate brand image).
- Promotes reporting automation, self-serve analytics consumption, and the culture of analytics-driven decision making.
- Oversees the development and delivery of tools and training, for reporting tools and self-serve analytics used by non-analytical end users.
- Monitors and tracks tool performance, user acceptance testing, and addresses any issues.
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Designs, develops, and implements innovative analytical solutions.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g. visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends, and insights.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide subject-matter insights and recommendations.
- Develops tools and delivers training programs for use of reporting tools and self-serve analytics by non-analytical end users; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS - Expert.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.