Requisition ID: 101241
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Senior Manager, Risk Reporting & Analytics is a key role within GRM to produce and coordinate risk reporting for Board, senior management and other internal stakeholders; performance of a second line challenge role in the context of regulatory action plans, quarterly Compliance deliverables, the GRM self-assessment and other support roles including, Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting (RDARR)
- End to end coordination of regulatory examinations, performing a 2nd line challenge for closure of regulatory findings, acting as the main liaison with Global Compliance, producing status reporting on regulatory issues and assisting in regulatory initiatives and/or submissions;
- Responsible for coordination and production of risk material for senior management, Board of Directors, external and internal stakeholders, including the Top and Emerging Risks Report;
- Actively participating in validation exercises such as the GRM self-assessment and RDARR, including enhancements to methodologies, procedures, testing templates and reporting;
- Coordinate and aggregate quarterly Compliance deliverables on behalf of Enterprise Risk/GRM including the GRM business unit hierarchy and the GRM CRCA (Compliance Risk and Control Assessments);
- Creation and sustainment of procedures that support the execution of key accountabilities;
- Collaborating with risk owners to ensure timely delivery of accurate, complete and meaningful risk reports, producing regular and ad-hoc risk reports, and acting as the main liaison with the Office of the Corporate Secretary;
- Lead and manage initiatives that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Enterprise Risk such as lead change/projects, identify process improvements, and resolve audit issues within Enterprise Risk.
- Must have 4 years of experience in an audit and/or quality assurance role
- Must have 2 years of experience preparing reporting to the Board and Senior Executives
- Expert interpersonal and relationship building skills and strong communication skills are essential to influence and collaborate effectively with others
- Superior analytical skills, high degree of judgment, and attention to detail
- Role will require good understanding of various risk disciplines and GRM processes
- Ability to work on complex projects independently, within tight deadlines, adapts to changing deadlines while delivering quality material.
- Excellent organizational skills are required to manage multiple and concurrent deliverables.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Manager, Management, Finance