Requisition ID: 126645
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Senior Manager, Customer Value is responsible for contributing to the identification, growth and profitability of the Canadian Bank's highest value customers and segments. This includes working with analytics partners to leverage customer analytics and profitability models to identify and better understand the Bank's high value and high potential customers as well as supporting the Director, Customer Value in developing and prioritizing strategies to deepen relationships with these customers. In addition, the Senior Manager will support in the delivery and execution of strategic priorities across a range of initiatives that will drive value over the near and long-term, collaborating with product, channel and other teams as required.Key Accountabilities
Leads and drives a customer-focused culture across the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Supports the development and implementation of the program focused on the Bank's most valuable customers
o Collaborates with analytics teams to draw insights from key customer and market data, leveraging this information to better understand the Bank's most valuable customers and their needs and inform changes to strategy and future priorities.
o Supports the development of strategies to drive focus and investments in the Bank's most valuable customer segments to increase profitability, deepen customer relationships and create an enhanced customer experience. Actively engages stakeholders to support execution.
o Partners with product and channel teams as well as other key stakeholders to lead the development of business cases and implementation plans for strategic initiatives, and manages plans to ensure deliverables and timelines are met
o Leads and manages multiple project work streams, including problem solving sessions and working sessions with cross-functional team members and subject matter experts
o Plans, designs and executes specific communication activities / campaigns
o Helps build engagement across Canadian Banking to build support and enthusiasm around the effort
• Tracks and monitors progress of program
o Assists with the design, development and implementation of the program oversight function to track progress on initiatives focused on high value customers
o Contributes to the development of metrics / dashboards to measure progress and success, ensuring that scorecards are aligned to drive deepened customer relationships
o Organizes regular meetings, huddles and other forums to drive knowledge sharing and report on progress, and assists with meeting facilitation
• Supports the development of the Bank's center of excellence around most valuable customers
o Engages with stakeholder network to find and highlight examples of excellence within the Bank, and adopt best practices as appropriate
o Acts as a source of knowledge for ideas and best practices
o Conducts external research to develop subject matter expertise, including competitor strategies, industry best practices, and tactics employed in other industries
• Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk. Education and Other Requirements
• Undergraduate Business (or related discipline) or post graduate degree
• 5+ years' experience within financial services, management consulting, and/or other fields with a demonstrated capacity to define, implement and manage strategic initiatives
• Excellent understanding of customer strategy, development and delivery;
• Strong research and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to proactively identify and leverage multiple sources of direct and indirect data to build competitive intelligence and focus on the most critical business issues;
• Strong quantitative capabilities, with a focus on customer analytics, program economics, business case modelling, and campaign profitability;
• Strong qualitative analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail and good business judgment;
• Ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions;
• Very strong strategic and tactical planning skills and implementation/project management skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, good corporate presence, and ability to synthesize and communicate complex information to various audiences;
• Highly organized, with strong budget and project management skills;
• Strong stakeholder engagement, co-ordination, strategic influencing and people management skills, to facilitate teamwork and execution of priority initiatives;
• Ability to manage key stakeholder expectations, concerns, and to identify and mitigate project risk as required;
• Ability to deliver results in a face-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
• Self-motivated; work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams, as both a leader and member
• Excellent knowledge with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Consulting, Developer, Retail, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance