Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
As Senior Manager, Retail Customer Experience and Communications, you will be responsible for the execution and maintenance of all programs and initiatives designed to improve the customer experience for all areas of the Canadian business including services, Staples.ca and retail. This includes overseeing existing programs, including the Customer Satisfaction Program and associated incentives. You will also lead the Store Communications function and manage internal dissemination and publication of information and store workload to the store teams across a variety of platforms. You will partner and support design and delivery of retail recognition programs, contests and awards, bonus programs, operational reporting, special projects and play a significant role in managing the Annual Management Conference. The significant role you play in realizing the promise of work, learn, grow for our customers will in turn make each day fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful and you will be inspired to bring your best, every day.
Specifically, you will:
• Manage execution of the Customer Satisfaction Program for retail stores and staples.ca as well as the Conversion (Browsers 2 Buyers) Program by working with internal teams and external vendors to recommend the direction of the program and provide input on development and evolution of the program, including goal setting at the store, region and district level.
• Improve the customer experience and conversion performance of the organization by identifying opportunities, evolving strategy, systems, reporting and analytics through studying industry trends and leveraging best practices.
• Develop and refine communication strategies (using email, and intranet) for the dissemination of information from Home Office to retail stores, and monitor and manage store workload through the timely and appropriate scheduling of major tasks working in partnership with stakeholders to understand priorities.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of the internal retail facing web sites and pages for dissemination of essential information. Responsible for conceiving, developing and executing web-based databases, data collection web pages, and results reporting to streamline the time and effort requirements for both the stores and home office.
• Continuously evaluate communication tools employed and improve communication effectiveness by recommend changes based on advances in technology, industry trends and best practices.
• Oversee execution and monitor the Operations Recognition programs (i.e. ESP/FPP Program, Store of the Year Program and all Operations awards) as well as T$P program and partner in developing program details, establishing budgets and targets, negotiating contracts, maintaining data, analysis, reporting and communication.
• Manage the Annual Management conference by partnering with various departments and the Staples Leadership Team to define framework, format, key objectives and operations awards.
• Lead and coach the Retail Services Specialist and Retail Communication Specialist and actively manage their performance and development.
Some of what you need
• 3 - 4 years' experience in a communications position within a large, multi-unit retail company is required
• 5-7 years of progressive Operations Management experience is an asset.
• Retail leadership experience is an asset
• Bachelor's degree is preferred, or equivalent work-related experience is required
• Strong Project Management skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to work cross functionally with other departments and teams
Some of what you will get
• Health and Dental benefits
• Learning & Development programs
• Office environment /Work From Home
• Some travel may be required in this role, less than 5%