55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues. MANDATE :
Under the direction of the Director, Retail Risk Modelling and Analytics, this role is accountable for leading a team specialized in credit risk analysis, risk rating systems and introducing new methodologies and statistical techniques to support credit risk management activities. The Senior Manager provides advanced analytical expertise to support the development, validation, monitoring, reporting and documentation of Basel risk rating systems, credit risk scorecards and credit risk strategies. The role is also accountable for leading a highly quantitatively skilled group of analysts and managers. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the forming and implementing the strategic initiatives of the team. _____________________________________________________________________________
Roles and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following through leadership and self-contribution:
- Responsible for the development, monitoring and enhancement of risk rating systems, credit risk scorecards and decision trees to predict PD, LGD and EAD for AIRB for BMO Canada and/or U.S. portfolios
- Responsible for the annual recalibration, timely delivery and monitoring of risk parameters used for capital management
- Conduct research in order to develop new approaches and make recommendations to improve risk rating systems and credit risk scorecards
- Lead and contribute to the initiatives to promote the use of new technologies in order to improve efficiency in model development, monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Detailed documentation of the models and statistical analysis and results, presentation to the model owners, business lines, model validation and other stakeholders.
- Conduct analysis, write reports and presentations to answer regulatory inquiries
- Provide subject matter expertise to the other groups on topics related to capital models, risk drivers and risk parameters
- Conduct specialized analysis and develop creative statistical solutions to support Basel Accord deliverables
- Support other team members involved in the development, documentation, and validation of the models, rating systems, credit risk scorecards and other analytical initiatives
- Mentor and supervise managers, senior analysts, analysts and interns in order to deliver on projects, develop and train talent
- Responsible for leading larger scale and strategic projects
- Manage relationships with different stakeholders including model owner, business lines, internal audit, independent review, model validation, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Graduate University Degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
- Minimum 5 years previous work experience in data science, statistical model development, retail behavioral modelling or other related areas focused on the analysis of large datasets (exceptional candidates with less work experience will be considered)
- Experience with end-to-end development or validation of AIRB modelling is required
- Very strong analytical and technical skills including quantitative analysis (Machine learning techniques, statistical/mathematical modelling, time series models, etc) and programming
- Strong user of SQL, SAS, python, R and other statistical data analysis tools
- Working knowledge of Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence
- People management experience is highly weighted
- Strong mainframe, UNIX and PC skills
- Knowledge of bank retail products and credit lending services is highly weighted
- Knowledge of Stress testing/IFRS-9 requirements is ideal
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organizing skills to manage multiple priorities and deliver quickly under pressure
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, strong team player
- Creative and strategic thinker with derive to improve existing processes and propose initiatives to promote efficiency
- Strong project management and change management skills
We're here to help
- This role requires minimal lifting and minimal exposure to risk to safety. The working environment requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk using a computer with a need for focus visual and mental concentration. During quarter-end periods and CaR planning, there is an inherent pressure to meet deadlines.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.