Requisition ID: 105295
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose of Job:
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for supporting Bank's risk-based, structured approach for management of Regulatory Change, and the maintenance of the global regulatory repository of applicable key/material Regulatory Obligations, and associated controls in place to mitigate the Compliance Risks inherent in the Bank's global activities. Regulatory Obligations include applicable laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed practices, in any jurisdiction in which the Bank operates. Regulatory change management is a critical component of an effective compliance program and drives the CRCA (Compliance Risk and Control Assessment) that helps to inform and assess the Regulatory Compliance Risk profile of the Bank. The outcome of the ongoing assessment of currency, completeness and accuracy of records, is used to define areas of focus /allocation of resources to further prevent or reduce the likelihood of non-compliance with applicable Regulations, or to detect and address non-compliance instances. In carrying out this role, the Sr. Manager will work closely with Business Line Compliance, first line Business teams, and other key partners Major Accountabilities:
Education / Work Experience / Designations
- Support quarterly Regulatory Change Committee meetings, including preparation of materials
- Act as Regulatory Change governance SME support on Regulatory Change Management Global Standard, Operating Procedures and associated documentation
- Perform oversight activities to ensure key requirements are properly anchored in the relevant areas of the Bank, including communication management, training, post implementation review.
- Track and ensure Regulatory Obligation are included in Bank's Regulatory Obligation Library on or before the effective or compliance date.
- Track and ensure Key Controls are mapped to the Obligation in a timely manner.
- Perform ongoing validation of the execution of the annual CCO assertion to demonstrate the completeness and material accuracy of the Bank's Regulatory Obligation Library.
- Provide monthly KPI reporting metrics to senior management
- Provide monthly reporting on Obligation and Control completeness
- Convene quarterly coordination meetings with Business Line Compliance, 1Bs and CFs, as necessary
- Graduate degree in a Business, Finance, Law or relevant Social Science (e.g. Economics). Minimum of 3 years of experience in a regulatory compliance role in a large Financial Institution. In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
- Risk management experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining reports for Executive audiences, with the ability to visualize data.
- Expertise in data analytics / data mining and ability to manipulate and make sense of very large data sets; experience working with SQL / SAS or Text Analytics and data visualization tools, is an asset.
- Proven experience working with multi-disciplinary project groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to rapidly changing regulatory and business environments.
- Proficiency with Web-based applications, and strong skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), particularly with respect to data analysis in Excel or more advanced data mining tools.
- Strong time management, project management, research and analytical skillsets.
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- Develop and maintain key partnerships
- Working collaboratively with first and second line of defense stakeholders to support the identification of regulatory compliance risk, assessment of control strength, risk mitigation plans and adherence to regulatory guidelines and expectations.
- Participating in internal/external meetings that will enhance compliance and business strategic initiatives and project(s) completion.
- Working with the Global Compliance teams to identify trends in regulatory risks and escalating recommendations, as necessary.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Regulatory Affairs, Law, Bank, Banking, Developer, Legal, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance