Requisition ID: 101041
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose:
Contributes to the overall success of the International Corporate and Commercial Unit ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The incumbent will manage and oversee the Quality Assurance (QA) Testing Program ensuring the effectiveness of the main AML/KYC controls implemented across countries and the adherence to applicable Policies, regulations and internal procedures.Accountabilities
:1. Develop the AML Quality Assurance Program:
• In conjunction with management, establish policies and procedures to design, develop, and maintain a robust Quality Assurance and testing program for ICCB in Caribbean, Central America and LATAM, including the compliance of AML/ATF, Know your Client and Sanctions Policies and local regulations. Program development should be completed on a risk-based approach.
• Responsible for the overall International Corporate and Commercial banking QA project management ensuring control tools are developed according to AML Risk requirements.
• Lead the QA Team across countries and oversee their day to day activities and projects.
• Ensure appropriate training delivery for the QA team in-country.
• The QA program Manager is responsible for developing a formal annual QA schedule that covers the scope of the controls prescribed by the BNS policy and the local regulatory requirements as it applies to the Business line or Operational Unit covered by the QA function.
• In charge of the development of sampling plan based on past trends, volume, last review scope and overall controls.
• Develop procedures for reporting on the findings of QA and the status of progress against schedule.
• Responsible for creating formal QA program materials (templates, schedules, procedures, and reporting formats for results and findings) to guide workflow.
• Ensure planning and coordination of Quality assurance Testing cycles in country including dual control execution as applicable.2. Oversee Sustainment of Quality Assurance Program:
• Maintain the Quality Assurance program, identifying and implementing opportunities for increased effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation.
• Promote a risk-aware culture ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
• Ensure timely enhancements and updates of QA Program materials in line with BNS Policies and local regulatory requirements.
• Create a forum to drive best practices and increase efficiency within the AML QA Team and explore new initiatives.
• Ensure an effective communication strategy is in place to give visibility of the results, initiatives and projects achieved by the AML QA team.
• Work with AML/ATF personnel and business line representatives to assist in the development of training, where appropriate, based on corrective actions.
• Monitor the regulatory environment for emerging legislation and policy statements. Keep abreast of trends and industry best practices through review of regulations and guidance issued by various regulatory agencies, publications, participation in industry associations in different markets.
• Interface with internal audit and external examiners as required in describing the control environment and scope of Quality Assurance and testing reviews.3. Report QA program Reviews and Metrics:
• Develop meaningful, robust metrics and reporting of findings and progress against correction objectives to management and other key stakeholders. Identifying key performance indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) to management and other key stakeholders.
• Report to Senior Management on a periodic basis as required and inform main improvement opportunities detected trough testing.
• Responsible to supervise and monitor the timely execution and closure of action plans according to identified issues by QA Team in-country. Ensure the validation of closure of action plans.
• Responsible to review and provide feedback to the final report elaborated by the QA testing Managers
• Assess Quality Assurance results in order to determine when issues identified are systematic in nature and develop appropriate corrective action plans, as necessary.4. Support AML Sustainment team to ensure the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of AML controls and processes:
• Participate in the identification of training needs through the QA testing.
• Design and execute ad-hoc QA testing (spot checks, other exploratory reviews) as needed to support new Sustainment initiatives.
• Provide visibility to the AML Sustainment team of any possible trends or process malfunction proactively identified through periodic monitoring.
• Report to the AML Sustainment team open issues/findings reported by other Testing Units (Audit, Monitoring and Testing, etc).
• In conjunction with the AML Sustainment team, monitor the status of action plans committed by the local teams and raise any concerns related to the timely closure of the corrective actions.
• Plan and coordinate local testing readiness strategies as required by the local Business Lines aiming to proactively identify any possible gaps.Requirements & Qualifications:
• Fluent in English and Spanish is required.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 5 years' testing or audit experience in a regulatory, compliance, or quality assurance capacity within a financial institution setting.
• Strong understanding of testing methodology, risk and controls analysis, and global/local country regulatory landscape.
• An understanding of compliance and testing best practices.
• Familiarity with the key products offered in the division and related AML/ATF and sanctions functions.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong analytical, investigative, reporting, and planning skills.
• Outstanding written and spoken communication abilities.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Highly organized and capable of dealing with complex projects.
• Ability to manage multiple compliance reviews and projects concurrently.
• ACAMS is an asset.
• Experience in managing complex compliance projects and initiatives across markets.
• Solid knowledge of project management techniques (Project Management Professional certification is desirable but not necessary).
• Ability to manage different stakeholders from different cultures and disciplines.
• Proven ability to establish credibility and effectively influence others in multiple settings.
• Results focused and ability to deliver under pressure.
• Efficient and well organized, with sound judgement and strong negotiation skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, including data analysis.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Web Design, Project Manager, Finance, Creative, Quality, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance