You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories and have more than 219,000 people working in member firms around the world and with FY19 revenues at more than US29.75B.
The mandate of Global L&D is to develop and execute a global learning strategy in partnership with both global and member firm leadership that builds the capabilities needed to achieve KPMG's business strategies and priority annual business goals. Our Global Strategic Plans require a consistent, KPMG-wide approach to building the skills and competences needed to transform our business and achieve our goals of Growth and Trust. Global L&D will work closely with the business to identify, design/curate/develop, coordinate and deliver high quality, efficient and effective learning and performance support solutions directly aligned to KPMG's needs and requirements.
Global L&D is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of the L&D strategies for:
- Global Audit, Global Tax and Global Advisory
- Global strategic cross functional opportunities
We will do this by working with the business as performance consultants bringing together member firms to identify and design programs critical to support our global strategy in the most effective and cost efficient manner. The audience for the performance and learning solutions provided by Global L&D is very diverse and encompasses all employees of KPMG globally - partners, professionals and support staff.
Solutions include performance and knowledge management support, formal training (both digital and in-classroom), learning on the job opportunities and learning through collaboration with others. Program execution and design will take place where it is most logical to occur and can include uplifting member firm solutions and co-creation with direct member firm involvement. As part of our mission, Global L&D will work with the business and member firm L&D teams to continue to build and strengthen a continuous learning culture including channels for both formal and informal learning.
This also includes identifying and implementing new and innovative approaches to learning, such as a leveraging new and exciting digital learning solutions and appropriate learning and collaboration technology platforms with support from Global People Technology and Information Technology Services.
The Global L&D organization has adopted an agile development approach. In this model it retains a team of professionals who are assembled based on the project needs. Skills needed by the team will include project management, instructional design and course development /programming. As projects are identified, individuals on the team will be assembled based on the nature and degree of skills they possess to meet the project demands. The Project Lead/ID reports to a Performance Solutions Lead who is ultimately responsible for the project. For that specific project a project lead (this role) is assigned from the team of professionals. During that specific project the development team will be led day to day by the project lead for the duration of that project and then be assigned new projects likely with different teams and possible different leads. These solutions being developed are primarily focused on building or enhancing technical capabilities across Global functions but may include business and leadership content. These solutions are identified during the strategic planning process led by the Strategic Business Partner with significant involvement by the Performance Solutions Lead.
When acting in a project lead capacity, this person is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end design and development and/or curation of a portfolio of learning and performance solutions in the annual prioritized list of solutions committed with the business (within a function and cross-functionally).
When acting in a capacity of an ID, this person is responsible for all aspects of performance consulting and adult learning principles and will focus on the analysis, design and content development aspects of the project.
Some projects may combine both the project lead and ID roles for an individual. What you will do Business execution and continuous improvement
Senior project lead Accountabilities:
- Supports the Senior Performance Solutions Lead in identifying and engaging required resources (e.g. project management, instructional design, developers)
- Oversees the instructional design activities and development of course content by the project team through reviewing the work completed and providing guidance
- Leads the development of project related communications, train-the-facilitator (TTF) sessions and materials and/or liaises with external vendors as required. Liaises with the deployment team as required and Facilitates TTF sessions as required.
- Maintains ownership of allocated projects after completion e.g. responding to member firms questions on the project when necessary liaising with the deployment team
Senior Instructional Designer Accountabilities:
- Liaises frequently with the instructional designers on their projects to ensure that the learning and performance solutions align to adult learning principles.
- Leverage Global L&D networking channels to share ideas, best practices and content, as appropriate with instructional designers across the Performance Solutions team. Provides input and feedback on individuals providing support to Performance Solutions team in terms of job accountabilities, annual goals and performance.
- Support the PMO lead/head of Performance solutions in staffing decision, where appropriate and required.
Strategic Performance Consulting/Special Projects:
Collaborate with members of the Strategic Performance Consulting team to:
- Identify innovative learning solutions that will help Global L&D achieve our key business initiatives.
- Assist in shaping the strategy, implementing and driving the use of these solutions cross functionally (including performance consulting, curation strategy etc.)
- Supports the Performance Solutions Lead, in scoping proposed learning and/or performance solutions and preparing the High Level Design Document and associated resource requirements for large or complex projects;
- Leads the scoping of proposed learning /performance solutions for small to medium complex projects and assist to prepare the High Level Design Document and associated budget requirements for approval by the Performance Solutions Lead, the Strategic Business Partner, and the respective business leaders.
- Researches internal/external content to meet the business needs
- Identifies opportunities to re-purpose solutions cross-functionally/member firms, and/or incorporate leadership/business content
- Identifies potential SMEs
Leads the detailed design and development activities for assigned projects
- Supports the Performance Solutions Lead, in identifying and engaging needed resources
- Provides background and contextual information for the assigned project team
- Ensures the timely and appropriate engagement of SMEs throughout the end-to-end design and development cycle.
- Partners with the PMO to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet the business needs.
- Leads the project team in identifying the most appropriate modality for the learning and performance solutions
- Oversees and participates in the instructional design activities and development of course content.
- Leads the development of instructor briefings, trainings and liaises with external vendors as required.
- Identifies and implements the most appropriate evaluation approach for the solution.
- Liaise with PMO to identify and implement QA processes for project.
- Ensures alignment with key Global L&D initiatives and prioritization.
- Ensures compliance with Global L&D design and development architecture and standards as well as the measurement requirements and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures with PMO that critical success factors and project risks are identified and managed.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the Global solutions developed to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency/effectiveness (faster to market at a lower cost).
- Prepares required course administration guides.
Team and professional leadership
- Supports the Performance Solutions Project Leads, Instructional Designers and SMEs in designing solutions:
Assists in the research and gathering of solution content.
Provides feedback on proposed flow and sequence of the content.
Proposes edits to the solutions content.
- Identifies relevant interactive design alternatives for inclusion in the solution that will most effectively accomplish the business objectives and learning outcomes.
- If needed this role may develop content for ILTs/digital/e-learning modules, videos and electronic performance solutions focused on building technical, business and leadership capabilities or a blend of these for a variety of audiences (from KPMG partners to professionals from all functions or level in the firm). Activities may include writing Facilitator guides, e-learning storyboards, video/ podcast scripts, performance support resources and / or deployment and marketing materials.
- Provides input and feedback on individuals providing support to project, in terms of job accountabilities and performance on project.
- Leverages Global L&D networking channels to share ideas, best practices and content as appropriate.
- May perform the role of Performance Manager for certain Senior Developers in the Performance Solutions team
- Participates in internal and external forums to identify emerging trends and best practices as well as learning/performance design for potential implementation and skill development within the Performance Solutions team.
Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with:
What you bring to the role
- Senior business Stakeholders
- Senior level of SMEs
- Global L&D
- Offshore/onshore vendors
- External consultants
Ideally, incumbent should have 10+ years' experience in:
- Adult learning design and development
- Performance solutions design and development
- Evaluation of learning solutions
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Performance consulting
- Innovative E-learning design
- UX and UI design principles
- Micro-learning design principles
- Design Thinking
- Evaluation of learning solutions
Ideally, the incumbent should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Delivers exceptional client experiences
- Seeks insights and perspectives
- Works collaboratively
- Takes ownership of development
- Organizes and structures work
- Delivers relevant solutions
- Shares knowledge
- Maintains drive and resilience
- Plans for contingencies
- Understands the broader context
- Displays confidence and passion
The role require some flexibility to work irregular work hours to accommodate multiple time-zones and manage in a global virtual environment Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com