Requisition ID: 101262
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
As a member of the HR Program & Change Management Office, the Senior Manager, Project Management ensures the seamless delivery and execution of various HR projects they are assigned to in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. The level of complexity would range from medium to high, varying based on the type of project, and may have an impact to global employees, internal HR processes and systems teams, and other business partners.
The incumbent will focus on project management disciplines using the established HR framework to ensure project outcomes are meeting the business need and are delivered on time, within budget, and with the desired employee experience achieved. This is a highly dynamic project environment and the incumbent is expected to manage multiple projects while quickly adapting to evolving business priorities, while ensuring all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions the project's vision: Ensure the program's vision and objectives are clearly understood by the project team and applied throughout the project
- Oversee and support workstream leads (if applicable) and PMs across the integrated project plan to ensure successful delivery on time and on budget, achieving the project's objectives
- Ensure inter-workstream (cross-functional) dependencies and considerations are identified and appropriately managed or planned for; establishes project milestones
- Own integrated project plan, status reporting, and issue and risk management for the integrated project (identify, document, support/develop resolutions and mitigations), and appropriately communicate same to program leadership within the documented governance structure, reporting process and escalation protocol.
- First point of escalation for project Risks and Issues; Own the process of escalating to the program team decisions concerning business readiness requirements and solution development
- Interface between representatives from the multi-disciplinary teams on the project (IT, Legal, Business, Compliance, etc.)
- Chairs Project Status meetings; supports Work Stream meetings as required; schedules meetings as necessary
- Provides oversight on project budget, ensuring invoices are tracked and paid appropriately
- Ensures all project artifacts are clearly documented to meet audit, project governance requirements and ensures organization of project folders for ease of reference
- Prepares/ensures completion of monthly executive dashboard updates for all assigned projects
- Other ad hoc project work as required from time to time
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Certification in project management (PMP) and 5+ years business experience
- Expert familiarity with Project management disciplines and tools
- 5+ years running complex projects, preferably with experience in an IT environment
- Proven experience in delivering large scale programs on a global basis, from vision setting to delivery and sustainment
- Excellent organizational skills/relationship management/communicator/problem solving
- Must be proactive, self-Starter and capable of learning new ways of doing things
- Capable of moving forward through complex situations, prioritizing
- Strong knowledge of the Bank, or FIs is preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance