Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
At Tangerine, our purpose is to deliver best in class banking solutions to Canadians. We take a hands-on approach to challenges and always seek out opportunities to improve. Building a career at Tangerine is more than just a job; we are committed to making a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Who said that you have to hide your personality to deliver business results? We certainly do not, and that is what has made Tangerine a success. Come be a part of our collaborative, energetic and passionate client-centric team and continue to drive Forward Banking solutions for all Canadians. Role Purpose:
Leads and oversees performance management and optimization for Tangerine's Credit Card and Unsecured Lending Business lines, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this Role right for You?
Skills you need to Succeed?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads annual strategic planning and regular forecasting for Credit Cards and Unsecured Lending, incorporating product strategies, tactical roadmaps and macro-economic trends; creates scenario plans to understand impact on integrated/product-specific performance benchmarks, as well as broader business objectives (market share, balance and revenue growth, Client acquisition etc.)
- Provides Executive support and strategic guidance on portfolio trends, scenario planning, P&L risks and opportunities, through presentations and high-caliber communication materials
- Acts as lead conduit to Finance, Treasury and Risk, regarding P&L dynamics, analytics, forecasting and planning activities for both Credit Cards/Unsecured Lending
- Develops Client acquisition/cross-sell and balance growth strategies, in partnership with the Credit Card/Unsecured Product Management Teams, to achieve desired business outcomes; supports optimization of Client strategies through economic sensitivity analyses
- Provide strategic thought leadership, counsel and analyses for medium and long-term Credit Card/Unsecured lending strategies and roadmaps
- Regularly reviews and evolves the reporting/analytical infrastructure to empower decision-making and strategic insights for Senior Leadership, Product Teams and organizational counterparts
- Identifies opportunities and itemizes backlog of Deep Dive analyses, leading direct reports and organizational partners to deliver/present on regular basis
- Leads vendor analyses and cost optimization to support strategic decision-making on partnership opportunities. Maintains expert knowledge on vendor contracts, P&L sensitivities, and scenarios
- Maintains solid understanding for Product Economics on Tangerine's full product set; supports/leads cross-product analyses (deposits, investments, secured lending etc.) to recommend strategies that enhance value for Clients and Bank
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
What's in it for you.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Math/Statistics; MBA and/or Masters of Finance, Data Science or Analytics preferred
- 7+ Banking analytics and strategy experience with significant accountabilities relating to:
- P&L Management
- Credit Card and Unsecured Business lines
- Influencing Senior Executive decision-making
- Leading analytical teams
- Digital channels
- Emerging payment and lending trends
- Strong strategic thinking ability, supported by exceptional data/financial analytical skills and business acumen
- Knowledge of data analytics best practices, with strong experience using technical tools; exceptional data analytical skills
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality of work
- Strong relationship-manager, with proven accomplishments leading cross-functional teams
- Agile 'mindset' with flexibility to adapt, shift, navigated through varying set of priorities
- Eager to mentor, coach, teach and share
- Facilitation and fact-based problem solving to solution for immediate priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, virtual and live communication skills
- Enthusiastic, thorough and results-oriented; ability to help Team thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong customer orientation with ability to interact with all levels of organization
- Supports for regulatory environment
- You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Credit, Bank, Banking, Law, Strategic Planning, Finance, Legal, Strategy
Banking, Finance and Insurance