Requisition ID: 153698
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank! Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Purpose
The Senior Manager leads a team within Global Wholesale Operations responsible for driving an effective and efficient Trade and Transaction Regulatory Reporting Control & Monitoring team. This team ensures Scotiabank is meeting its MiFID II / MiFIR, EMIR / UKMIR, SFTR, IIROC and CATS regulatory compliance requirements with respect to complete, accurate and timely trade and transaction reporting; maintains and improves controls and error correction processes; and actively helps to drive business initiatives. Accountabilities
- Lead a team of regulatory operations professionals to ensure that Scotiabank is meeting its regulatory compliance requirements through effective execution of daily and periodic controls, as well as breach management and error correction.
- Understand and maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements:
- Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) & Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR)
- European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) & UK Markit Infrastructure Regulation (UKMIR)
- Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR)
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC)
- Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT)
- Generate accurate and complete executive reporting for a variety of Committees, taking care to reflect key risks and issues in the programs the team covers
- Work closely with Internal Control, Technology, Compliance, Regulatory Business Initiatives as well as other stakeholder areas to understand key business, and regulatory objectives. Identifies key data analytics to provide insight and transparency and enable decision making for improved business performance and risk assessment. Coordinate with internal stakeholders to leverage best practices and develop processes to ensure alignment.
- Deliver management commitments associated with Regulator, Internal Testing and Audit observations. This includes responding to queries, analyzing observations, designing solutions, delivering commitments, and providing evidence of closure.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements for various regimes (MIFID 2, EMIR SFTR, IIROC, CATS)
- Experience in Capital Markets, preferably with product knowledge and a background in Regulatory Reporting or Operations
- Experience implementing regulatory change initiatives including impact assessment and implementation.
- Expertise in identifying and creating process improvements.
- Strong knowledge of technology reporting infrastructure and front office source systems
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated success working in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage, improve and ensure constant effective working relationships with stakeholders to support their initiatives and mitigate regulatory and operational risk
- Superior problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to clearly and concisely present to senior stakeholders
- Work in a standard office-based or work from home environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Risk Management, Investment Banking, Work from Home, M&A, Legal, Finance, Contract, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive