250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change Senior Manager Operations Delivery, Collections
The Senior Manager Operations Delivery will be responsible for executing and controlling changes and supporting the operational execution of the Collections unit they support. Accountabilities include: Define roadmap, Design, develop, test, implement, measure and manage process, including the development of requirements, testing and deploying technology solutions, and delivering productivity improvements. Furthermore, they will ensure that process design reflects current business strategy, business/stakeholder requirements and supports the desired line of business strategy and customer experience. Processes may be related to (but are not limited to) customer contact strategy, communications, digital and voice interactions, lending products and collections, offer fulfillment and operations. Partnering and establishing a 'trusted advisor' to the business/operations leader will be critical for success.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviors in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behavior that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent. Maintains a talent pipeline.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Makes recommendations to business/operations leader, line of business leaders, and senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Stays abreast of industry and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analyzing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, benefit realization, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behavior.
- Defines frameworks for managing processes, policies or procedures, etc. in the business/group.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting.
- Reviews proposed function/project team outputs for implications to workflow design.
- Collaborates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Designs processes based on business requirements and best practices. Ensures the processes adhere to applicable risk, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Streamlines, simplifies and continuously improves existing processes.
- Documents processes (including, but not limited to, process flows, playbooks, etc.) for vetting, communicating, and implementing processes with stakeholders.
- Ensures all processes meet established standards, effectively utilize templates and tools to track compliance and operational effectiveness standards.
- Looks for opportunities to eliminate, simplify and automate processes. Recommends approaches or changes to streamline and integrate processes to improve overall efficiency.
- Maintains current process documentation to ensure available for stakeholders as required.
- Supports management of processes using established methodologies and tools/system/technology.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Participates in the integration of Core Process transformation across business/groups to deliver process improvements for productivity savings and enhanced customer/employee experience.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Resolves issues regarding processes that are raised from all sources/stakeholders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Has Canadian Financial Institution, Management Consulting (with Productivity, Process, Technology, Collections, FI experience), and/or has BMO or Canadian FI retail lending experience.
- Possesses a deep understanding of and problem-solving ability for issues within the business/group.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle - Expert.
- Knowledge of Canadian FI, retail and small business lending rules and regulations - In-depth/Expert
- Knowledge of Collections and Recovery strategy, treatment, process and procedure - In-depth/Expert
- Knowledge of business/group processes, procedures and controls - Expert.
- Understanding of risk, regulatory and compliance requirements - Expert.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
- Process Change/Change Control Knowledge - Expert
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Management and Executive