Title: Senior Manager, Operational Effectiveness - Credit Risk
Requisition ID: 90429
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a member of the Operational Effectiveness & Controls team, you will contribute to the governance and controls of business processes / technology applications that enable the generation of key monthly deliverables. These deliverables contribute to the success of the Financial Management team in support of Retail Small Business Wealth Management Credit Risk.
The team is responsible for process governance, operational controls and change management associated with critical end to end processes that support measurement of Allowance for Credit Losses, production of critical risk reports and delivery of regulatory reporting for global retail portfolios in accordance to bank standards and in compliance with regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for representing the needs of the end users as well as ensuring solutions that are implemented are fit for purpose while recommending opportunities to standardize and improve efficiencies in alignment to the Bank's Strategic Objectives. What you'll do in this role?
- Lead the review and analysis of existing or new business requirements for global retail loan loss provisions processes including the associated approval and change management required
- Facilitate requirement clarification sessions across project work streams and stakeholders from business and technology teams to align understanding to support agile project delivery
- Coordinate sprint planning and release schedules to ensure synergies to deployments as well as inter-dependencies with operational calendar (quarter-end activities)
- Facilitate operational incident resolution by working with peers or other data SMEs across operations and technology to ensure timely delivery of key monthly or quarterly deliverables
- Support the development and testing of key reports to identify validation issues that may arise in the mapping and transformation of data from end to end processes for different purposes across Financial Management team to ensure completeness and accuracy
What we're looking for?
- Provide effective metrics to measure overall performance and efficiency of resources, processes and operations including trend analysis for reported incidents
- Communicate across functional groups within Financial Management to understand impact of change and assist in the prioritization of product backlog to ensure agile development and delivery.
- Keep updated on latest risk and regulatory compliance trends to ensure continuous improvement of business and solution architecture to enable the design of effective operational processes
- 5+ years' experience in credit risk reporting or modeling. Experience with retail or wholesale products is an asset
- Working knowledge of regulations and current regulatory issues related to stress testing, capital requirements and risk management. (e.g., CCAR, Basel, OSFI)
- Strong data analysis / mining skills. Advanced MS Excel/Access and SQL is required.
- Familiar with quantitative modeling skills (e.g., statistical or econometric methods)
- Working knowledge of agile development methods and testing tools (Hive QL, JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow) would be preferred, not required
- Previous experience in internal audit or project management would be an asset.
This position is located in downtown, Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Credit, Risk Management, Developer, Law, Banking, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance