55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
The Senior Manager of Money Movement reports to the Head of Everyday Banking Products in Canadian Personal Banking. This role is responsible to manage the portfolio of banking products related to money movement, including debit cards, Interac debit transactions and e-transfers, Mastercard debit transactions, and international remittances.
The Senior Manager develops and implements product strategies to drive sales of existing banking products, launch new products to market, optimize profitability and improve the customer experience. This role carries out competitive analysis, monitors product and system performance, and assesses problems to develop and implement solutions. The Senior Manager has P&L accountability and manages product risks.
The Senior Manager will collaborate with members of the Everyday Banking Products team, with internal partners, such as the Enterprise Payment Modernization Program, North American Retail Payment, Marketing, Technology, Operations and Salesforce Effectiveness, and with external partners, such as Interac and Mastercard.Key Accountabilities1. Product Strategy
2. Product Initiatives
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities to improve the portfolio of products
- Develop the overall strategy and roadmap to improve capabilities and launch new products
- Establish priorities and drive the evolution of capabilities with key partners
3. External Partnerships
- Lead the implementation of complex projects with large multi-functional teams, through ideation, requirements, implementation and change management
- Monitor progress against project plans to ensure completion
- Proactively solve issues and eliminate obstacles
4. P&L and Risk Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners and vendors
- Lead the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions
QualificationsExperience and knowledge
- Explain financial results and forecast future performance
- Drive actions to improve profitability through data-driven decisions
- Manage risk, and support the evolution of policies, procedures, and controls
- 7+ years of experience in retail payments and product management, as a bank employee or consultant
- Strong experience in product design, business casing, technology project delivery, external partnerships, P&L and risk management
We're here to help
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Proven project management and change management skills
- Highly developed relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support