Requisition ID: 100803
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job
The Model Validation & Approval area provides independent and consistent model validation and approval across various risk types, including market risk, credit risk, operational risk, capital models and other key risk/financial models. The Senior Manager will lead a team to provide independent and comprehensive model validations. This incumbent need strong communication skills as the successful candidate will collaborate with multiple stakeholders from risk management, treasury, and capital management on a regular basis to ensure models and methodologies are appropriate given our overall framework and regulatory requirements. Key Job Accountabilities
Skills, Experience, Functional Competencies Required
- Lead a team to conduct comprehensive validations of Treasury and Enterprise Risk related models, such as asset and liability management, liquidity risk, operational risk, and economic capital models.
- Strong knowledge of validation techniques.
- Present validation opinion to the model approval committee.
- Manage relationship with key contacts as identified for each validation.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Provide support to resolve outstanding audit and regulatory issues.
- Provide support to large-scale projects as required.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments, and evolving expectations.
- 2-5 years' experience in quantitative positions, such as model developer or model validation. Experience in Risk Management of treasury, market risk and credit risk preferred.
- Exposure to market risk or liquidity risk management application and practice.
- Exposure or experience in other risk functions such as asset and liability management (ALM) or credit risk is desirable.
- Sound understanding of various modelling techniques and comfortable to conduct various tests.
- Strong knowledge of financial risk management, especially issues and techniques pertaining to market risk management - including their practical implications and limitations.
- Excellent written and presentation skills to provide advice and explanation to various users of the market risk, credit risk and liquidity risk models.
- Proficient programming skills, such as C++, Python, SAS, Matlab.
- Ability to manage efficiently multiple priorities.
- Attention to details, independence, versatility and ability to effectively collaborate in teamwork.
- Consensus-building ability.
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving.
- Advanced degree in Applied Math, Applied Statistics, Financial Engineering Applied Physics, or Finance (Master or above, PhD level education preferred).
- Other industry certifications or credentials will be assets (e.g. CFA, FRM/PRM).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Law, Technology, Finance, Engineering, Legal