Senior Manager, Model Governance
Reference ID: 237745BR
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
The Senior Manager, Model Governance plays a key role in supporting the oversight of the Enterprise Model Risk Management Framework. This role will be accountable for providing direction and oversight of activities that enhance stakeholders' value from a model risk management perspective, as well as for managing activities to streamline procedures to create capacity and enhance their effectiveness throughout the model lifecycle. This position reports into the AVP of Model Risk Management in Risk Management.
• Assist in providing oversight of the enterprise Model Risk Management policy and framework, including the development of standards for managing model risk across the model lifecycle.
• Conduct ongoing review of Model Risk Management policies, procedures and templates, striving to identify opportunities to enhance stakeholder's value from a Model Risk Management perspective.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain enterprise-wide Model Risk Management key controls and quality control processes.
• Facilitate and support internal and external supervisory examinations and compliance exercises.
• Support Model Risk Management Audit remediation activities to ensure findings are resolved in a timely manner.
• Keep abreast of emerging trends, issues and the range of industry practices and regulatory expectations as it relates to model risk management. Proactively share this knowledge with business partners and senior management.
• Effectively build and maintain working relationships with key model stakeholders in the bank's business units.
• Interact frequently with senior management and occasionally with external regulators, consultants and industry peers.
• Understand and comply with TD Policies, regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Establish an environment that promotes respect for individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank.
• As applicable, direct, train and develop staff to enable them to meet challenges, department objectives and achieve their full potential.
• Initiate actions to further improve your own and the team's skills and performance. Continuously look for opportunities for professional development.
• Create and maintain an environment conducive to the timely identification and escalation of issues.
• At least 4-5 years of working experience in Model Risk Management (e.g., Model Governance, Model Risk Audit, Model Validation, etc.), or closely related field, in a large bank, consulting firm or regulator.
• Working knowledge of key Model Risk Management regulation (e.g. SR 11-7, E-23, TRIM). Experience with other relevant banking regulation is an asset (e.g., CCAR/DFAST, Basel Accord, IFRS 9, CECL, etc).
• Relevant experience related to the design and oversight of enterprise quality control programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to reach consensus among large number of stakeholders. Must have strong collaboration and influencing skills.
• Proven ability to educate and communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences, business leaders and other stakeholders who do not necessarily have technical expertise in model risk management.
• Natural project management skills and ability to deliver against deadlines with minimal direction and competing priorities.
• Proven ability to deliver on time sensitive, complex projects that require interaction with multiple stakeholders.
• Proven track record of promoting a positive and high performing work environment.
• University or post-graduate degree
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted: March 22, 2019
Closes: May 21, 2019