Requisition ID: 158764
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose of Job:
The Liquidity & Interest Rate Risk (LIRR) Group plays a key role in formulating the Bank's risk appetite and governance framework, and provides independent oversight of the Bank's liquidity, structural and non-trading risks. Scotiabank's approach to risk management is a globally recognized competitive advantage that balances sound judgement, effective tools, collaboration and oversight. Our greatest strength is the expertise and commitment of our people, and we are committed to attracting, developing and rewarding a diverse group of high-performing employees.
The Senior Manager Liquidity Risk
plays a key role in the Bank's Liquidity Risk Oversight function. The incumbent provides forward looking insights and takes ownership of key initiatives for the successful execution of our mandate. Success in this role is determined by a combination of accountabilities and demonstration of core values - Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Accountability. Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation of an effective liquidity risk management framework aligned with the Bank's risk appetite, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
- Provide independent and effective second line oversight of the liquidity, funding and collateral management activities of Group Treasury.
- Collaborate with business partners in achievement of the Bank's goals by contributing expertise on liquidity risk and related regulations and strategically influencing risk-based business decisions.
- Play a key role in the successful implementation of the Dynamic Liquidity Scenario Builder project that will enhance liquidity forecasting and decision making.
- Provide senior management with forward-looking analytical insights into the Bank's liquidity risk profile.
- Drive the implementation of best practices and analytical techniques for evaluating the liquidity risk impact of the Bank's products and strategies;
- Provide subject matter expertise on liquidity risk and related regulations, including providing input for liquidity risk related policies and guidelines for the Bank's international branches and subsidiaries;
- Play a leading role in the application of technology to enhance liquidity risk management.
- Practical knowledge of a broad range of capital markets and deposit products;
- Solid understanding of bank treasury functions and funding programs;
- Progressive risk management experience, preferably including recent liquidity risk experience;
- Familiarity with stress testing methodologies and processes;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Relationship building and collaboration;
- Experience with implementation of capital markets or treasury technology projects is an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Technical Support, Investment Banking, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology
Customer Service and Support Management and Executive