Requisition ID: 152480
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Reporting to the Director, Compliance, Learning & Development the incumbent will provide learning consultation and advice to key Compliance partners in support of the Global Compliance Learning Program. The individual will contribute to the success of the Global Compliance Learning Program by conducting training needs assessments, developing/delivering learning solutions, tracking, measuring, and reporting on compliance learning to meet Bank and regulatory requirements. In addition, the individual e nsures all activities adhere to learning standards and follow governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
This role will contribute to the development of a Compliance curriculum, learning plans and programs for a global audience across the three lines of defence and will build strong relationships with key Compliance partners in various areas of Scotiabank.
The Senior Manager, Learning & Development is a strategic business partner that is proactive at identifying learning needs and driving learning programs that build compliance skills and competencies required to support the future requirements of the Compliance Program, The Senior Manager provides advisory support on learning solutions, learner experience and monitors and reports on business line learning effectiveness.
- Contributes to the development of business lines/Corporate Functions compliance learning to enhance and strengthen the overall Global Compliance Learning Program through the development of tailored, role-based learning.
- Acts as a strategic business partner and relationship manager to Business Line/Corporate Function Compliance
- Conducts training needs assessment to identify compliance learning gaps arising from regulatory changes, regulatory exam findings, risk assessments, industry trends and lesson learned and develops appropriate learning solutions to remediate gaps and provides recommendations on program execution and design that inform the annual learning plan
- Implements the continuous sensing process to identify new and emerging needs that may require reprioritization of the annual learning plan
- Works in close collaboration with Global Learning, subject matter experts and external vendor teams to develop and deliver learning for various Global Compliance Programs, utilizing various learning formats to deliver learning that is both engaging and effective for a diverse audience in international locations.
- Manages and provides recommendations on quarterly learning reporting and dashboards and tracks and measures the effectiveness of learning, achievement of the Global Compliance annual learning hours and other Compliance learning initiatives for management.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning programs, identifies the strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Provides timely reporting on activities to management, including progress reports and applicable budgets, ensuring that any issues are escalated appropriately.
- Responsible for ensuring that information related to learning programs is complete and current within the Compliance Learning Curriculum
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Must stay abreast of global best practices in Compliance Learning and how it can be adopted to strengthen the delivery of the Learning Program
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- University degree in HR, Business, or related field
- Degree, certificate, or designation in adult learning
- Ability to develop/execute learning solutions in a large complex corporation gained through seven years or more of relevant experience. The incumbent must have the expertise to provide sound, actionable recommendations to stakeholders
- Experience developing a global learning strategy and delivering learning to various audiences
- Expertise in developing learning content for multiple learning styles and delivery approaches
- Strong understanding of learning measurement, metrics, and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to engage with key stakeholders, and prepare effective program updates for executive management
- Excellent program management/time management and prioritization skills to deliver on multiple priorities
- Strong negotiation, managerial, and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills, with strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and/or experience of the banking industry or compliance is an asset
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Training, Compliance, Investment Banking, Program Manager, Relationship Manager, Education, Legal, Management, Finance, Customer Service
Banking, Finance and Insurance Education and Training