Senior Manager- IT Advisory
Reference ID: OTT000EK
We currently have career opportunities for Senior Managers in our Ottawa IT Advisory Services team. The individuals will work directly with clients to better address their client's needs through structural, business process and new technology solutions and help them drive this change. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their organization more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the development and implementation of information and technology solutions. Our experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with information architectures, data models, and vendor selection decisions that support the provision of timely and accurate information to the business.
This position falls within our IT Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of their information and technology capabilities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior manager, you'll advise clients on a variety of Information Management services that help identify, assess, manage, optimize and measure the organization's IM capabilities. Team with client information, data, and technology professionals, and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of information management technology solutions. Participate in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management. This will include the generation of new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions to present to internal and external clients. The position will be responsible for delivering against business development targets and managing a portfolio of potential and existing client engagements. Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20-30%
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with excellent executive presence.
• Significant experience in managing large teams on complex programs and projects.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field;
• At least a bachelor's degree and approximately 15 years of related work experience in the IM field.
• MBA or MSc in a computer science/information management degree preferred.
• Experience in business development and delivering against financial targets in a Professional Services environment.
• Demonstrated experience through all phases of the information and data life cycle, including project planning, requirements definition, data architecture design, IM solution build/configuration, testing and operational transition of information and data solutions
• Experience with large scale ERP and/or CRM solutions implementation or transformational efforts
• Strong track record implementing major software packages (e.g. data warehouses, analytics platforms, data virtualization technologies)
• Involvement in, and management of, strategic transformation engagements supported by IM solutions.
Ideally, you'll also have
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
What we look for
Successful candidates will have a leadership presence with a proven track record of sales and delivery in a management consulting context with established client relationships and experience in Ottawa on key federal government accounts.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019