Requisition ID: 106057
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing market data solutions and strategy across Scotia Global Asset Management (SGAM) by provide leadership in market data administration, cost saving initiatives, vendor relationship management, and compliance and controls.
Market Data Solutions and Strategy
• Define market data strategy and roadmap for SGAM in partnership with business line stakeholders
• Provide analysis and insights to identify opportunities to provide enhanced service and/or cost savings by leveraging new technologies, vendor consolidation or substitution, and demand management
• Integrate disparate market data processes and services into a single, centralized operating model
• Ensure objectives are met by staying current on market data and industry trends
• Represent SGAM at industry conferences and peer groups associations
Vendor and Contract Management
• Maintain ongoing strategic business relationships with key vendors to evaluate products, negotiate contract revisions, manage contract renewal or cancellations, and ensure high quality of services
• Lead contract negotiation and procurement of market data, research and subscription services
• Monitor, measure, manage and track vendor performance to ensure contract compliance and recommend vendor relationship improvements
• Provide oversight and governance to ensure adherence to enterprise policies for Third-Part Risk Management (TPRM), Global Procurement (GPS), Information Security and Control (IS&C), Legal and Compliance
Market Data Administration and Operations
• Consolidate and collect users, applications, services, costs, contracts, and vendors across SGAM to achieve a centralized market data inventory
• Build and manage a standardized process to add/modify/remove users or make changes to services
• Provide oversight to the timely reconciliation, approval and payment of all vendor invoices
• Identify and resolve payment, accounting and financial issues and continually plan for improvements
Management Reporting, Forecasting and Planning
• Responsible for budget forecast and planning, periodic management reporting and ad-hoc analysis of market data, research and subscription expenses across SGAM
• Ensures market data costs are within the established budget by identifying and investigating variances
• Develop easy to understand cost allocation models and periodically review the policies
Compliance and Audit
• Manage all aspects of contract obligations to ensure proper policy and procedures are adhered to and providing evidence that SGAM is in compliance with commercial vendor data agreements
• Lead change management surrounding market data policy implementation and regulatory changes
• Collaborate with investment risk, trading, legal and compliance to ensure market data is managed within specified regulations for soft dollars
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field
• 10+ years work experience in the financial industry
• 5+ years of managing market data within capital markets or asset management
• Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with constant changing conditions
• Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple project streams simultaneously
• Familiarity with market data operations and a proven background in establishing and maintaining relationships with market data vendors
• Detailed knowledge of the information needs of an investment management organization
• Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to deliver concise high impact presentations
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Technology, Finance, Legal