Requisition ID: 97349
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Product Services Group & Investment Funds, Global Portfolio Advisory Group (GPAG) / Scotia Wealth Management in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted comply with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Responsible for providing timely investment advice, direction and value-added ideas to Scotia Wealth Management investment advisors with a focus on the investment funds universe (alternative funds, offshore funds/ETFs). Assist with asset allocation and portfolio strategy decisions in relation to these products. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the Investment Funds team through d ue diligence on alternative funds, offshore funds and ETFs, including interviewing fund managers to determine manager pedigree, tenure, investment philosophy, and buy/sell discipline, in order to protect Scotiabank, Scotia Wealth Management and its investment advisors, and, ultimately, clients.
- Conduct annual reviews of third-party managers, as well as conducting primary research (quantitative and qualitative) on alternative funds, offshore funds and ETFs
- Review research from a variety of sources and stay abreast of capital market developments, news, and industry trends with a view to communicating relevant findings through the advisor channel.
- Support the management of the Alternative and Offshore Funds & ETF Recommended Lists by monitoring existing positions in the Scotia Wealth Management Mutual Fund and ETF Recommended Lists to ensure positions continue to meet GPAG's selection criteria, and preparing written rationales for updates/changes to these Recommended Lists and assist in fulfilling Recommended List performance reporting requirements Develop and maintain relationships with fund provider contacts to facilitate the flow of information to advisors.
- Provide regular support to Scotia Wealth Management investment advisors by conducting client portfolio reviews for existing individual client account, and in the creation of portfolio proposals to attract new business. Respond to ad hoc advisor requests with qualified and value-added ideas and opinions and educate advisors about the product/service offering of the Investment Funds Research team, including participation in branch visits, conference calls, and client presentations.
- Support International Investment Advisory (IIA) efforts with the management of the offshore fund product shelf including product support, due diligence of new products, and review of agreements, prospectus and regulatory documentation.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Education, Experience, Other Requirements
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Minimum 10 years of finance-related experience
- An understanding of Investment Funds/Alternative Assets/ETFs with five years of fund research/manager research experience
- Post-secondary degree required (Commerce or Business Administration degree preferred)
- CFA charter holder or candidate for the designation preferred
- Experience with Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, MS Office and VBA programming language
- Strong skills in: analytics; written and verbal communication; relationship building; self-management; and attention to detail
- Professional integrity
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Research, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance