EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team! The opportunity
Our Process and Controls practice, a specialty advisory practice within Advisory Services, provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions. Your key responsibilities
We'll look to you to lead multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You'll be responsible for planning, leading and performing internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 procedures in accordance with the client's audit plan, risk management strategy and EY's internal audit and SOX 404 methodologies. You can expect to work with high performing teams, clients and market leaders in banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance to establish audit objectives and scope of work; establish the engagement budget; and lead the overall execution of the audit project through wrap-up and final report delivery. Skills and attributes for success
On a typical day, you'll coordinate, plan and deliver audit objectives and scope of work, working with your team and clients to perform risk assessments, design innovative audit approaches, plan engagement objectives and manage the executive of field work to draft and deliver audit reports while complying with professional standards and addressing the inherent in the engagement. We'll look to you to demonstrate a thorough understanding of financial services processes and complex information systems. In addition, we'd like you to use your extensive industry knowledge to identify technological developments and evaluate the impact to our client's business.
You'll also dedicate time to generating new business opportunities by participating in market facing activities and developing thought leadership materials. We'll look to you to actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to introduce EY services, fostering teamwork and innovation. To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree or master's degree Ideally, you'll also have
• Around 8 years of related work experience working with a public accounting firm, professional services firm, or within industry
• Around 6 years of related audit or applicable financial services business experience
• Experience in generating new business opportunities and project management
• Experience in innovating risk and compliance mandates
• Around 8 years of experience with financial services internal audit risk assessment and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) methodologies, tools and enablers
• CPA, CA, APRM, CIA, CFA, or CISA certification
• We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required
• A bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related discipline What we look for
• Around 6+ years of public accounting experience
• Experience in the traditional and/or alternative asset management industry
• Second language skills and international business experience
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry About EY
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Customer Service and Support