Requisition ID: 151105
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
The position is responsible for supporting the effective integration of insurance into business processes and
practices. Working closely with SWIS colleagues, the incumbent will lead various initiatives to drive advisor
engagement and embed insurance into the various advisory programs and processes within each of the
business lines. He/she will also lead the implementation of any improvements related to Insurance
Consultant best practices in collaboration with other leaders within Client Solutions, particularly the Regional
• Implements and further develops best-in-class insurance practice management standards.
includes checking in regularly with ICs in order to understand their unique challenges; providing support
to ICs and Regional Directors to help them implement any necessary adjustments that will enhance
insurance sales capacity and capability; offering guidance to ICs on leveraging tools and business
processes; and responding to queries and providing direction to ICs to support their efforts.
• Leads efforts to integrate insurance into various advisory processes and practice management
efforts within the different business lines.
This includes highlighting where insurance fits most
effectively into different parts of the client experience - prospecting, onboarding, proposals, regular
reviews - as well as best practices, such as specialist engagement, creating role clarity, using advisory
• Drives the ongoing efforts to improve the positioning and implementation of insurance within the
Total Wealth Planning framework.
This includes working closely with Client Solutions colleagues
around the positioning of insurance within the planning process, engagement of ICs, how insurance is
reflected in the plan output, and how needs are captured, tracked, and reported on. It also includes
developing and delivering advisor training and key messages related to how it fits in our planning
• Supports the execution of key initiatives.
This includes collaborating with colleagues and partners
across the organization to deliver on projects that support the ICs' collective ability to drive results and
manage their activities.
• Contributes to the effective management of the IC role and support IC coaching efforts.
includes, but is not limited to, regular activities such as: the development of annual business plans and IC
business planning templates; ensuring Client Solutions RDs have the data they need to support IC
coaching and leadership conversations; and managing analysis related to IC compensation
recommendations IC recognition programs, and IC coverage.
• Provides support in managing our business development efforts through maintenance of a
business intelligence program.
This includes developing a deep understanding of insurance distribution
best practices, the support provided to advisors by other leading distributors, and how we compare to the
other bank-owned agencies. It also includes undertaking advisor and client research to solicit feedback
and develop perspectives on the business. Ultimately it requires translating all this information into
insights our team can leverage and into tangible recommendations for the business on how to improve its
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships
and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team. Reporting Relationships:
Primary Manager (include secondary Manager if applicable):Director, Insurance Business Development
Direct Reports: N/A
Shared Reports (solid/dotted if applicable): N/ADimensions
• Supporting approx. 40 Sr. ICs and ICs along with other Scotia Wealth Management field staff, which includes over 70 specialist professionals and over 800 relationship managers across the business linesEducation / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
• Minimum 5 years of Insurance experience
• University degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of the wealth management industry
• Industry accreditation (insurance license, CSC, CFP, PFP, CLU, other) would be an assetWorking Conditions
• Work in a standard office-based environment. Moderate travel domestically may be required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Development, Business Intelligence, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Research, Sales, Finance, Technology
Information Technology Sales and Marketing