You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Over the past 30 years, our Global Infrastructure Advisory practice has become the largest and fastest growing of its kind in Canada. Our deep and specialized knowledge, proven skills, and unrelenting commitment to service excellence help set us apart from our competitors and have made us the trusted advisors of leading infrastructure organizations nationally, and around the world. We take deep personal accountability in measuring success from the only perspective that matters - that of our clients.
Our group is comprised of over 80 infrastructure professionals across Canada.
When you work with us, you are working with a multi-disciplinary team of asset management professionals, project financiers/managers, economists, engineers, construction managers, capital markets advisors, accountants, and operations specialists.
Our services help both public and private sector clients align infrastructure investment with business priorities, identify, track and manage infrastructure related risk, introduce rigor, transparency and defensibility to planning and decision making, and enhance infrastructure performance and operational efficiency.
Join our growing Global Infrastructure Advisory team as a Senior Manager and add value throughout the infrastructure lifecycle, helping our clients understand, plan for, and address their infrastructure related challenges, while generating value for their organizations.
Bring your asset management background, experience in consulting, government, construction or private business to this Senior Manager opportunity, based out of Ottawa.
Bring your advisory expertise to this Senior Manager role and lead our practice in the delivery of high-quality services to top tier public and private sector clients.
Lead various business development activities with a focus on the region as well as at a national scale, as you support team development and capacity building. Deliver on asset management engagements for client organizations in a wide variety of sectors including municipal government, transportation, water and wastewater, power and utilities, higher education and healthcare, oil and gas, and mining. What you will do
Work with the senior management team and/or take a lead on the following: Client Asset Management Services Engagements
Advise public and private sector clients:
- Evaluate asset management needs and improvement opportunities
- Plan and implement asset management improvements covering:
- Policy and governance,
- People and organizational capacity,
- Business process and standardization,
- Data and information management, and
- Analysis tools and technology systems.
- Develop asset management policies, strategies and plans
- Introduce asset performance management and levels of service
- Apply appropriate needs assessment and risk management techniques
- Perform lifecycle analysis and forecasting, feasibility analysis, business casing and market analysis
- Apply asset management standards and best practices
- Collect and leverage infrastructure data and information
- Implement and configure asset management tools and technologies
- Develop business regionally and nationally within the practice in both public and private sector markets.
- Manage and actively participate in responding to Requests for Proposal for advisory mandates on infrastructure projects.
- Build KPMG's profile within the marketplace through industry involvement, contribution to internal and external publications, and presentation at conferences and industry events.
- Train and mentor junior staff and contribute to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team.
- Work closely with other Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to develop team capacity and capability .
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities of their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
- 10+ years of experience in the planning, implementation and application of asset management procedures, practices, tools and techniques including policy and strategy, levels of service, risk and lifecycle analysis, investment planning and prioritization
- Knowledge and experience in planning, implementing and using asset management related systems, tools and technology
- Domain expertise and hands-on experience working in some of all of the following industries: government, utilities, mining, manufacturing, defence
- Demonstrated client engagement and business development capabilities and experience.
- Knowledge of Canadian and international asset management standards and best practices
- Deep knowledge of the Canadian marketplace with experience in both the public and private sector
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Public Policy or Administration, or Business (combined with an MBA preferred but not required)
- Proven leadership capabilities and working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients at the senior management, executive and board level.
- Ability to travel within Canada and abroad, as necessary
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada clearance
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Learn m ore about where a career at KPMG can take you.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance