Requisition ID: 150754
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
The Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
is responsible for supporting the Director, Human Resources (Global Operations) and business line (Global Fraud and Global Collections groups) on strategic talent needs and delivery of HR strategic plans and initiatives. The Senior Manager provides HR advice and counsel to SVPs & VPs in the areas of talent and HR strategy to help meet their business needs by leveraging Communities of Expertise (CoEs) for overall strategies and guidelines and HR Services for reporting and support. Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Participates and represents HR in strategic business plan development and on-going business meetings / decisions with business line leaders. Identifies the right HR strategy and solutions to meet business objectives, provide strategic direction for the business.
- Owns the talent strategy for the business and provides strategic insights and solutions to leaders on talent priorities and needs. Delivers input and feedback on program / policy design to the Director and COEs and provide recommendations on program execution.
- Facilitates local HR regulatory compliance needs (e.g. reporting) with HR Services. Collaborates with HR Services to deploy services that are required to be executed in the areas of development & training, recruitment & onboarding, performance and compensation reviews. Provides support for escalated cases from HR Services.
- Proactively utilize a wide range of HR data to identify themes/trends and recommend effective HR strategies to meet the business needs.
- Advocates and champions the HR operating model within the business. Proactively contributes to the transformation of the HR operating model, with the aim of creating a globally integrated function that is scalable, flexible, and efficient.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant HR experience.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with focus on business/human resources or work related experience.
- CHRP, CHRL or other HR designation, or in progress is an asset.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization. Able to collaborate with HR stakeholders and business partners and coach managers. Actively listens and seeks to understand needs with genuine curiosity.
- Strong ability to strategically influence and persuade senior leaders.
- Identifies solutions through effective questioning.
- Strong problem solving, conflict management, negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to effectively perform in a complex, high change environment while being a positive steward for the global HR team.
- Results oriented and able to effectively execute in a fast paced environment.
- Strong strategic capabilities to assess issues and their potential impact on the Bank's image and reputation.
- Excellent project management skills to oversee execution of complex communications strategies.
- Ability to build strong cross-cultural and cross-divisional team relationships.
- Strong business acumen and understanding to allow appropriate partnership with client groups.
- Understands how the data relates to actions and results for an individual person or team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
HR Manager, Risk Management, Investment Banking, Bank, Banking, Human Resources, Finance
Human Resources Management and Executive