Requisition ID: 159241
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Manager is responsible for the maintenance and sound asset growth of a portfolio comprising financial institutions including insurance companies, sovereigns, pension plans and other non-bank financial institutions globally. The Senior Manager adds value to the overall management of the Bank's loan portfolios through the timely and accurate adjudication of credits within established underwriting guidelines and policies.
The Senior Manager will be dealing directly with senior management and banking counterparts in the Bank's offices globally, and will be exposed to significant and varied deal flow.
Given the diverse range of risks in the portfolio and regular interaction with a variety of internal contacts, the Senior Manager benefits from an environment which fosters continuous learning and development, as well as from an opportunity to make a positive contribution to the Bank as a credit expert.Key Accountabilities:
- Liaise and maintain a strong working relationship with marketing and execution personnel in banking units in Canada and globally.
- Review pertinent financial and Industry information and perform in-depth risk assessment identifying material risk issues for incoming credit applications.
- Ensure all proposed credit exposures are in compliance with established guidelines and limits and provide rationale for exceptions.
- Provide recommendations to senior executives, present and participate in discussions in senior management Credit Committees.
- Adjudicate on credit applications within approved lending authority
- Conduct industry analysis and lending guideline policy reviews for submission to senior management, including preparation of board-level reports.
- Develop a high degree of industry knowledge and expertise and ensure the ongoing quality of the credit portfolio through the review of industry publications, the assessment of financial reporting packages, and ongoing discussions with banking officers.
- Assist with the training and development of staff.
Experience / Education:
- Financial statement analysis and ability to conduct in-depth credit assessments of financial institutions, including forward-looking projections and stress testing.
- Knowledge of credit analysis frameworks, and experience in their application to complex financial institutions across multiple accounting, legal and regulatory jurisdictions globally.
- Knowledge of the financial sector and the main business activities of financial institutions, and ability to keep abreast of the quickly changing accounting, legal and regulatory landscape.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with new products and developments in financial services markets.
- Understanding of derivative products, sovereign (cross border) risks, deal structuring, due diligence & documentation, legal & accounting principles.
- Understanding of the Bank's business activities within the sector.
- Risk assessment and portfolio management experience.
- Ability to make decisions and appropriate recommendations to senior management and effectively support such recommendations
- Excellent analytical, communication, self-management, organization and technical skills.
- MBA, CA or CFA designation or equivalent industry/credit analysis experience. FRM or PRM designations also considered an asset.
- Previous Credit Risk or Banking experience required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Underwriter, Compliance, Credit Analyst, Marketing Manager, Investment Banking, Insurance, Legal, Finance, Marketing
Banking, Finance and Insurance