Requisition ID: 101711
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Leads and oversees the delivery of the Bank's Global Retirement and Savings Plans ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen internal client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Oversight and management of retirement and savings plan employee communications. Including the facilitation, promotion and delivery of the Bank's retirement and savings plans.
- Responsible for managing the vendor relationships for the Canadian and US Pension Plans (Buck, Manulife, Mercer, Aon and T. Rowe Price) and ESOP/GESOP.
- Manages and coaches a specialized team to identify and drive quality service, and continuous process improvement in the administration of the Bank's retirement and savings plans .
- Provides technical subject matter expertise, thought leadership and advice to internal stakeholders in the delivery of the Bank's retirement programs by applying internal policies and industry standards.
- Support the Bank's M&A activities by acting as a retirement and savings SME and coordinate onboarding/exits of employees into the applicable plans. This includes working with internal stakeholders and service providers to ensure smooth transition.
- Manage the US and PR annual audits completed by KPMG, along with the production of the audited financial statements and filing of the Form 5500's.
- Co-ordinate/manage the preparation of materials for the pension fiduciary and/or governance committee meetings (e.g. the Bank's Board, the Human Resource Committee of the Board, the Pension Administration and Investment Committee (PAIC), the U.S. Qualified Plans Committee (QPC), etc.), and - as required - participate in these committees, whether as a guest or as Secretary.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- 5+ years of experience in directing the activities and resources (internal and external) associated with the administration functions of multi-jurisdictional defined benefit and defined contribution retirement and savings programs.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian federal/provincial and US pension legislation and tax legislation.
- Strong understanding of Canadian and U.S. pension environment, including competitor/industry/regulator pension and savings plans practices, with the ability to maintain an industry network.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to perform in-depth analysis.
- High degree of initiative and sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- CEBS is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Manager, Web Design, Technology, Finance, Management, Creative