100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Develops detailed financial and economic analysis to assist the designated business portfolio with decision support. Works closely with business leaders and Finance partners to provide financial advice and service that supports the financial management activities of the Group/portfolio. Supports the monitoring and management of financial performance against plans, forecasts, initiatives and objectives. Generates information and insights that support key business decisions to drive value (e.g., revenue growth, cost management, resource allocation, balance sheet optimization, etc.)
We're here to help
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of accounting, risk and regulatory related strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- May own internal/external stakeholder relationships.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Leads the execution of financial planning & analysis service delivery programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Supports/Leads financial planning, forecasting and performance reviews that utilize plan, forecast and actual financial information to develop annual plans and targets.
- Performs variance analyses, and ad-hoc forward-looking analyses to improve understanding of business drivers as well as opportunities to improve performance for product improvement, profit improvement, financial impact of initiatives/strategic business decisions.
- Supports the development of methodologies and policies to enable analyses and insights focused on financial dimensions (e.g., revenue, expense, balance sheet, capital, etc.).
- Determines the financial impact of initiatives/ strategic business decisions, and incorporate the impacts into future financial forecasts/plans.
- Assesses reasonableness of business cases and performs due-diligence during Investment reviews and approvals processes.
- Works with the business to align key performance indicators with financial forecasts and plans.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide financial insights and recommendations.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources (e.g. financial and operational systems) to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Acts as a trusted financial advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making e.g., economics, treasury, competitor information.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance