At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG is focused on achieving significant growth ambitions while becoming the most trusted professional services firm. For Audit, this requires a relentless focus on key initiatives that drive Audit Quality and achieve Operational Excellence through standardization, centralization, automation, and innovation.The establishment of a global delivery model, the KPMG Delivery Network for Audit (KDN Audit), will help make significant strides in all these focus areas. We envision a network of global, regional, and specialty focused delivery centers that provide standardized services (on a cost recovery basis) to engagement teams in all member firms. The potential benefits are plentiful. Audit quality will be increased by the centralized, consistent performance of certain audit procedures. Engagement teams will be able to increase their focus on more complex procedures or on serving more clients. Our multi-national clients will have a more consistent experience around the globe. Most member firms will be able to achieve better margins. Finally, the firm will have a mechanism to help quickly deploy new and emerging solutions (e.g. ESG) and audit innovations (e.g. audit technology). About KPMG Delivery Network
KDN for Audit is a critical component of delivering the Global ESG Assurance strategy, and is fundamental to ensuring member firms can scale their assurance practices' in a rapidly changing market.
Our vision is that the KDN ESG Assurance team will support every ESG Assurance engagement across the global network with access to market leading expertise and highly standardised services so they can deliver consistently high quality. The CSRD in the EU is expected to create a multi-billion dollar opportunity for KPMG in ESG assurance, but in order to meet demand, we will need a significant amount of capacity and subject matter experience. KDN will be the only way member firms can meet the scale of this challenge, and is a truly transformative opportunity for the firm. The Opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Manager to serve as a Disclosure Specialist to partner with global Leaders to build profile, provide credibility for ESG sales pitches and develop and lead the delivery of assurance services. Through this work, you will have the opportunity to help shape a more sustainable future, as well as work with fantastic colleagues and the brightest minds in KPMG. What you will do
New projects and service developments are always on the horizon, so we're looking for someone who can contribute to our growth and success.
Key activities will include:
• Representing KPMG and building the assurance brand from an international perspective
• Supporting and partially managing ESG assurance engagements, including report assurance, readiness services and other assurance related activities with an emphasis on applying the knowledge and expertise of international reporting frameworks and legislation, including CSRD, EU Taxonomy, ISSB, GRI and SASB.
• Building capacity within the member firms through training and knowledge sharing:
- Enabling member firm teams to work in compliance with the latest legislation and frameworks
- Ensuring teams are up to date on developments on frameworks and requirements
- Developing and rolling-out training for sustainability and audit teams
• Identifying opportunities for KDN process improvement and standardisation including:
- Work paper development and explore ways to make the process more effective
- Supporting the development of methodology and (standardized) working papers
• Enabling the successful deployment and adoption of each new service and solution
- Serving as a champion for the KDN ESG Assurance program
- Communicating effectively with executive partners to engender support and excitement for the benefits of KDN ESG Assurance while addressing potential roadblocks What you bring to the role
• Significant experience in sustainability assurance or a related field
• Experience of assurance/audit work and the ability to apply this expertise from this perspective
• In-depth technical knowledge of relevant frameworks and the international regulatory and policy context, specifically knowledge of the CSRD, EU Taxonomy, ISSB, TCFD, GRI, SASB, and other relevant frameworks
• CPA or similar accreditation is preferred
• Extensive experience applying your knowledge and expertise in a variety of sectors
• Ability to make quick, sound decisions and work in an agile way
• Excellent stakeholder and client management skills. The position requires you to work with multiple teams and clients in an international context, meaning easy adaption to different international and cultural environments is required
• Experience working with offshore teams and/or collaborating on special initiatives
• Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to move between listening to, guiding, and coaching with impact. You will need these skills for training team members, networking events and preparing and launching thought leadership.
• Fluency in English. Additional languages, such as Spanish, Italian, French and German would be highly beneficial
• Business development experience
• Team management experience
• As firm policy permits, willingness to travel domestically or internationally (up to 25%)
• Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate global team schedules Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .