Requisition ID: 103657
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose:
The incumbent is responsible to build and manage an overall view of Enterprise Data Investments across different business lines to ensure all data initiatives are aligned to the Data Strategy and overall Bank's strategy. Supports business strategies, plans and initiatives that are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures by working closely with Business Line CDOs and other Data Office Teams.
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Portfolio Management provides Portfolio Management for all the enterprise data initiatives. The incumbent contributes to the profitable growth of the enterprise portfolio by ensuring that documentation standards are met, while ensuring that client focus is top of mind and excellent customer service is delivered. Day to day oversight and administration of portfolio issues is key to the role. The Senior Manager, Enterprise Portfolio Management is also responsible to support in planning initiatives with EPMO/DPMOs and enhancements to deliver support to the Enterprise Data Office. Accountabilities:
• Create and manage a portfolio view of all initiatives and supports the triaging of next set of business use cases.
• Acts as a main point of contact for the Data Office when working with the Enterprise Project Management Office or DPMOs, responsible to plan, develop, manage, track and report stakeholder engagement on Enterprise Data Investments.
• Lead and collaborate with Business Line CDOs and other Data Office teams to achieve strategic agenda for the Enterprise Data Office and report business outcomes.
• Responsible for the end to end view of Enterprise Data Investments through the Enterprise Delivery Framework and leveraging the existing Data Office Engagement Process.
• Perform second line function for Project Governance across Data Office initiatives by establishing a self-attestation process.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Creates an environment that pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls.
• Supports the Director, Enterprise Portfolio Management, who provides daily oversight to the Portfolio Management team, along with ongoing guidance, coaching and mentorship to team members.
• Ensures all Delivery requests are handled accurately and efficiently to ensure excellent customer service.
• Reviews all areas of the operation to ensure optimal staffing levels on various initiatives by leveraging DO Engagement database and Resource Tracker, while providing a high level of product support and customer service.
• Review Data Office Operational Metrics and looks for ways to streamline existing procedures and KPIs to achieve operational efficiencies and improve customer service, while minimizing risk to the Bank.
• Ensures Service Level Agreements are met, from planning the Data Initiatives with EPMO/DPMOs, through Data Office Engagement Process, to final delivery from the Data Office.
• Ensures documentation and procedures are updated to reflect changes in requirements
• Ensures timely submission of accurate management information to the Bank's senior executive, as required.
• Makes prudent/informed decisions within assigned limits and escalates any exceptions / issues along with recommendations and/or solutions to senior management including the Enterprise Data Committee (EDC), as appropriate. Requirements & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of data management processes and best practices
• Expert knowledge in Portfolio Management
• Well-developed communication skills including precise articulation of ideas and opinions
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, CA-PPM, MS Projects are assets
• Hands on experience with Tableau, PowerBI, or other visualization tools
• Strong Leadership skills, as well as coaching processes and techniques consistent with the Bank's performance driven culture.
• Expert knowledge of CDO's structure and operations.
• Expert knowledge of EPM, PMO, and its key partners, and their related policies and procedures.
• Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail.
• Strong project management skills
• Strong working knowledge of industry practices
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong PC skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Working knowledge in Spanish is a plus
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Data Management, Management, Finance, Technology, Data
Management and Executive