VIRTUAL59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
Business ManagementThis role can be 100% remote anywhere in Canada
BMO is seeking Disaster Recovery (DR) Specialists to join the global DR team that drives the testing program and advances the state of art at BMO for best in class DR solutions. To address the ever-changing threat landscape, BMO is taking an innovative approach to Disaster Recovery that is more than simply testing governance but looks to new solutions in solving the technical aspects DR risk prevention and recovery. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical expertise that goes beyond traditional DR testing. The DR Team is part of the broader Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) at BMO and is responsible for all aspects of DR testing governance for all product lines.
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Provides support to an assigned business/group regarding Business Continuity and Problem/Event/Recovery Management Frameworks. Includes enhancing processes and protocols and providing subject matter expertise and guidance to mitigate risk. Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Projects and Recovery Capabilities for the designated jurisdiction and business/group. Works with designated groups to ensure critical processes are in place in the event of a significant business interruption. Ensures Business Continuity Planning/Event Management compliance with internal/external regulatory policies and guidelines and provides frequent and consistent status reporting.
- Provides guidance for mid-sized to large enterprise-wide BCM initiatives and event management incidents.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of business strategies & challenges to support effective business continuity management.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Leads the development, maintenance and management of the LOB Incident Management and Recovery Process.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Represents business/group on jurisdictional / enterprise response, recovery and status team in the event of a business interruption incident.
- Leads the LOB Event Management Team, facilitates the incident response and status conference calls and represents LOB on the Enterprise Response and Status Team for specific events.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Develops and applies the framework for databases; oversees database management in adherence with data governance standards.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Identifies opportunities to simplify recovery management processes and to minimize business disruptions.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Ensures quarterly reporting deliverables and participates in the presentation of results and trend reporting for management review.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Builds and manages relationships among different teams to ensure that proper event management protocols are used across various groups.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Initiates and manages the event status monitoring and reporting.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Leads the implementation of the Business Continuity, Problem/Event/Recovery Management Frameworks for designated businesses/groups.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Manages BCP/Event Management/Disaster Recovery programs.
- Acts as the central point of contact to coordinate the logistics for implementation of projects/initiatives within Events and Recovery.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Provides guidance & support to senior leaders on the development of Business Continuity, Problem/Event/Recovery plans.
- Coordinates the implementation and facilitation of BCP solutions, including developing & maintaining business continuity documents.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and management of the business/group Problem Event Management and Recovery Process.
- Works with internal stakeholders to manage the business continuity plan review, training and testing requirements.
- Supports the business/group with business continuity impact assessments.
- Coordinates the responses of the affected business units as required by the business/group event management team.
- Ensures communication between business units and the business/group event management team.
- Ensures that all business continuity plans, and testing conform to industry regulations and requirements.
- Works with technology support groups to ensure all internally and externally hosted applications that are required to support the individual business in the event of a significant business interruption have been identified and are tested in accordance with standards.
- Keeps abreast of business continuity planning industry standards and best practices as well as regulatory trends as well as Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Technical background and experience in areas such as: product development, networking, database and backup management, storage or operational delivery support.
- Experience with cloud disaster environments for data center, AWS, and Azure environments.
- Knowledge of network architecture concepts.
- Experience testing technology disaster recovery plans.
- An understanding of disk replication technologies.
- Understanding of backup systems and their replication and recovery methods.
- Working knowledge of standards and guidance related to BCM / DR (e.g. FFIEC, NIST, ISO 22301).
- Cloud Certification is a plus.
- Cybersecurity resilience experience.
- Professional certification within the Business Continuity domain is a plus
- Industry certification in BCP or CP is considered an asset.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Administrative Management and Executive