Senior Manager - Data Scientist
Reference ID: TOR003CF
EY delivers unparalleled service in big data, business intelligence, and digital analytics built on a blend of custom-developed methods related to customer analytics, data visualization, and optimization. We leverage best practices and a high degree of business acumen that has been compiled over years of experience to ensure the highest level of execution and satisfaction for our clients. At EY, our methods are not tied to any specific platforms but rather arrived at by analyzing business needs and making sure that the solutions delivered meet all client goals.
We are seeking a Senior Manager - Data Scientist. We are seeking passionate, entrepreneurial individuals to join us on an exciting journey of evolving our next generation Data Science and Big Data platform and building an expanding set of Managed Data Science Services across multiple industries.
You will help our clients navigate the complex world of modern data science and analytics. We'll look to you to provide our clients with a unique business perspective on how data science and analytics can transform and improve their entire organization - starting with key business issues they face. This is a high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities
The role will be responsible for proactively identifying AI and Machine Learning opportunities within Client portfolios, building, and validating, deploying and monitoring advanced descriptive, predictive and prescriptive machine learning models, including Risk Management, Customer Experience and Journey analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Churn Management, Next Best Action and many others.
Skills and attributes for success
• Effectively partner with Clients to understand and anticipate their needs and guide them towards building AI and Machine Learning solutions delivering both short-term wins and identifying long-term opportunities for managed data science services
• Build, validate, deploy, monitor and provide DevOps support for a set of AI/Machine Learning models and services for both internal POCs and Client production initiatives, including Risk Management, Customer Experience and Journey analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Churn Management, Next Best Action and many others.
• Leverage commercial and open source AI, Machine Learning, Big Data ecosystem tools, BI, Visualization and Discovery tool to deliver advanced models and other Data Science solutions. Specific tools will include (but not limited to), full SAS stack, R, Python, Scala, Java, Spark SQL/ML/MLLib/GraphX, Data Science Notebooks and Workbenches, Azure Machine Learning, Tableau, Datameer, and other tools
• Proactively monitor and tune AI / Machine Learning model performance, manage champion/challenger models to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization.
• Ensure all AI/Machine Learning models are properly packaged and documented for deployment. Participate in client training and knowledge transfer as required.
• Ensure all solutions comply with the highest levels of security, privacy and data governance requirements as outlined by EY and Client legal and information security guidelines, law enforcement, and privacy legislation, including data anonymization, encryption, and security in transit and at rest and others as applicable
• Effectively leverage continuous integration, continuous development and continuous deployment agile and DevOps tools and processes to deliver and support advanced Data Science and Big Data solutions and services, including Git, Jira, Jenkins and others as required
• Acts as a Subject Matter Expert and a Thought Leader, continuously following industry trends, the latest competitive developments, and delivering papers and presentations at major industry conferences and events.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Data Scientist certification, including Hadoop, Spark or equivalent production experience
• Proficiency and an in-depth understanding of the Predictive Modeling Lifecycle and best practices for feature engineering, model development and tuning (hyper-parameter, ensemble modeling techniques, deep learning), model validation, model deployment packaging, model management and performance monitoring
• 7+ years of extensive experience building Predictive Machine Learning and AI models for Customer Experience, Customer Journey analytics, Customer Segmentation, Churn modeling, Lookalike Modeling or equivalent use cases
• 5+ years of experience with Text Mining, NLP and Sentiment Analysist
• 5+ years of production experience with SAS platform, including, Base, Stat, ETS and other core packages, client tools - Enterprise Guide (EG), Enterprise Miner (EM), Visual Analytics (VA), Visual Statistics (VS), SAS Studio
• Experience running SAS 9.4 on Hadoop - SAS/Access or in-database SAS HPA
• Experience with Open source AI / Machine Learning / Data Science tools - R, Python, Spark. Including experience working with Notebooks (Zeppelin, Jupyter) and Data Science Workbenches (Azure, DSX)
• Experience with Spark-based machine learning, including Spark SQL, ML, MlLib, GraphX
Ideally, you'll also have
• Experience with Deep Learning on CPUs and GPUs, including ANN, CNN, RNN frameworks like TensorFlow/Keras, MXNet or equivalent would be an asset.
• Experience with Azure Machine Learning would be an asset.
• Experience with SAS Risk and Finance modeling modules and workbenches would be an asset.
• Experience with SAS Decision Manager would be an asset.
• Experience with SAS Text Mining and Sentiment Analysis (SA) would be an asset.
What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Data Science and Big Data industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019