Requisition ID: 107175
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As Senior Manager, Contact Centre Controls
, the incumbent contributes to the overall success of the Contact Centre Operations in International Banking ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. What Your Role Will Be:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manages and executes a wholistic Operational Risk Program for the Contact Centres:
- Supports the Contact Centre Operational Review Framework and conducts on-site reviews to identify gaps and mitigate Contact Centre risks
- Govern the Compliance, Regulatory and Process-related activities for Contact Centre Strategic Initiatives and Continuous Improvement projects by facilitating reviews and sign-off from the appropriate Compliance teams and regulatory bodies, as applicable
- Manage a range of operational, compliance, fraud and audit projects for Contact Centres
Skills You Already Have:
- Contributes to the Bank's strategy through the effective delivery and sustainment of Enterprise-wide programs within the Contact Centre
- Supports the divisional strategies for regulatory-driven projects (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Common Reporting Standards)
- Supports the Contact Centre customer data safeguards through the implementation of Privacy and Customer Data Protection programs, in conjunction with Global Risk and Enterprise Privacy
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the Contact Centre operating model in support of evolving regulatory requirements
- Supports the effective implementation of the Bank's Three Lines of Defence
- 1 st Line: Manages the development and sets the standards for monitoring and internal control practices within the CCs; performs ongoing assessment and testing of internal Contact Centre monitoring and control processes to identify gaps, mitigate risks and drive continuous improvement.
- 2 nd Line: Maintains relationship with Compliance to maintain awareness of changing regulatory requirements across the jurisdictions supported by the Contact Centres; works with Compliance for regular monitoring and testing of adherence with regulations and ensures closure of identified gaps and agreed action items;
- 3 rd Line: Supports Contact Centre Audit and Regulatory activities, including facilitating Audit preparedness activities, supporting the sites during audit fieldwork, developing responses to Audit findings, defining Management Action Plans and monitoring timely Audit Resolution.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field required, MBA preferred;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Highly-developed management skills to coordinate and delegate activities, and develop and maintain quality performance
- Expert coaching, training and performance management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual - English, Spanish
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance