100 King Street West
Provides oversight, monitoring and reporting on operational risks and internal controls for the North American Commercial Banking portfolios. Develops and monitors the operational management framework that includes the governance framework & practices leveraged across BMO to manage operational risks. Provides policies & standards, methodologies and controls that increase transparency, accuracy and consistency across groups. Works with stakeholders to implement the methodology, metrics and program standards for the assigned portfolio to ensure compliance as well as effective monitoring, timely reporting and identification of action plans.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Interprets new regulations and assesses impacts to the governance framework.
- Develops reports on the status of the governance program or framework components to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Measures the effectiveness of risk governance system and framework; recommends changes as required.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the governance system and framework.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Represents the model validation program / portfolio for internal/external regulatory audits and/or examinations.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behavior.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Manages the review and sign-off process for relevant regulatory reporting.
- Leads and integrates the monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the operational risk governance program to internal & external stakeholders.
- Leads the management of governance meetings and maintenance of governing body mandates, oversight and approval guidelines.
- May provide specialized support for other internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of ongoing operational programs in support of the operational risk framework.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Administers and maintains operational risk program activities in adherence to all policies, procedures and established processes.
- Identifies potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalates to the manager, as per guidelines.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of business and related risk management requirements and legislative/ regulatory directives and guidance.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders e.g. business stakeholders and Corporate Support Areas (CSAs) in providing 'second line of defense' operational risk management support.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations; includes identification of risk impacts for new processes and workflows related to initiatives.
- Monitors and tracks performance; addresses any issues.
- Coordinates and monitors the review and sign-off of attestations and reporting.
- Maintains tools and templates for operational risk programs (e.g., Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) or regulatory compliance), as required.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth / expert knowledge operational risk management practices.
- In-depth / expert knowledge of the designated business / product portfolio.
- In-depth / expert knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- In-depth / expert knowledge of quantitative techniques and economic capital methodologies.
- In-depth / expert knowledge & experience with risk policy frameworks; quality control / testing frameworks.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.