What is the opportunity?
The successful candidate will be accountable for the leadership of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) function within RBC Insurance to ensure Business Lines meet the maximum level of preparedness, complying with RBC policy, regulatory compliance imperatives and industry standards for Incident Management, Crisis Management, Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning
As a people manager, the incumbent will support the BCM Advisor with the identification of critical processes and associated dependencies, as well as to facilitate the creation of the high-level recovery strategies and tactical plans required.
It is expected that this role will also have the opportunity to work closely with the Director Operations & Regulatory Initiatives to also develop the required skills to assume increasing breadth of responsibility.
What will you do?
• Provide guidance in the creation of standardized plans, testing, incident management processes
• Review and identify any instances of undue risk-taking by business and functional executives in the identification of risks, the definition of risk tolerances, the selection of continuity tasks and strategies or the testing of continuity plans.
• Stay connected to the Enterprise BCM Community to advocate on behalf of Insurance and lead the implementation of BCM projects to ensure compliance and consistency of practice
• Serve as Sponsor Representative of small to medium size regulatory projectsWhat will you need to succeed?
• Conceptual thinking with the ability to translate strategies and ideas into practical applications/program development
• Proven leadership in complex matrix organization with multiple stakeholders and 5+ years of people management experience
• Previous experience in Operations, Finance, Project Management and Business Analysis and a working knowledge of the Project Management Framework
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize within a changing and high pressure environment
• Proficiency in reading, reviewing and interpreting regulations from a business perspective to enable a position of constructive challenge and collaboration with Legal and Compliance
Nice To Haves:
• ABCP or CBCP DRI Certification
• Proven relationship building skills
• Post-secondary educationWhat's in it for you?
• A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
• Competitive pay and high-earning potential
• All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
• Flexible work/life balance options
• Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivityJoin our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com .
Address:6880 Financial Dr
Career Level:Experienced Hire/Professional
Required Travel (%):0
Management and Executive