Requisition ID: 95797
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As the Senior Manager, Business System Analysis, you will lead a team within Scotiabank that aims to lead Digital Transformation of the bank. That includes reimagining the way we interact with our customers through digital channels including web and mobile platforms, the way we do backend operations with more modularized components and microapp/service structure, You will contribute to the overall success of the Canadian Digital Banking Engineering unit ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. In this role you will....
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Manage a development team of 15+ members by coaching, mentoring, training and assigning tasks in line with department objectives.
- Lead the intake and discovery phases of projects, continuously improve our estimation methodologies, and own evolving system documentation.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Promote accountability in the software engineering teams from development to production
- Work direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business or technology leaders to establish and execute on common goals with a medium to longer term business perspective
- Utilize existing capabilities within the architecture and introduce new functionalities to support changing business requirements
- Resolve internal/external issues, ensuring solutions provided to the business meet best practices, quality and security standards
- Direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
- Create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
What's in it for you?
- Understand how the bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of your respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations
- Champion a high performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates your team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison, values, business strategy and managing succession and development planning for your team.
- Develop systems integration and standards
- Translate ideas into technical and business realities
- a University degree in technology, computer science, engineering OR equivalent experience
- You hold 7 or more years in progressive roles within Engineering/Technology, which includes at least 2 years leading a team
- You have previous working experience in Agile/Scrum delivery model.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Finance, Engineering