100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Supports the short- and long-term management of the Bank's structural balance sheet and supplemental liquidity portfolio. Executes a management framework that optimizes structural market risk exposures due to interest rate and foreign exchange changes over both the short- and long-term. Develops cost-effective hedging strategies that optimize risk-return. Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements and developments, monitors risk, and identifies and corrects possible gaps and weaknesses. Identifies and recommends actions based on market trends and regulatory developments. This position has a special focus on designing and implementing methodologies to measure, articulate, and manage non-linear, optionality-driven risks inherent in structural balance sheet products.
We're here to help
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the financial management systems application, with a focus on non-linear, optionality-driven structural market risks.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support for the Financial system technical infrastructure, applications, and/or business transactions across the environment.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Leads the execution of balance sheet management strategies/programs, with a focus on non-linear, optionality-driven structural market risks; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Recommends strategic priorities and leads the execution.
- Works with stakeholders to establish priorities.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic balance sheet management initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide balance sheet management related insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks balance sheet performance / structural drivers' performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Supports development of corporate standards, operating principles, and guidelines in conjunction with market risk, business, and finance stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors market and regulatory developments to assess impacts to strategies, programs, and plans.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Supports the design and implementation of specialized risk management technologies to improve processes, enhance analysis, and/or streamline reporting (e.g. daily risk capture, mismatch and basis risk analytics, and management).
- Participates in the design, implementation, and management of core business/group processes.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Graduate level academic research experience is also applicable.
- Post secondary Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related degree.
- Finance / business experience with risk management and working knowledge of derivatives preferred.
- Masters/PhD degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Sciences is preferred.
- Exposure to one or more of the following: risk management, financial market instruments, trading and derivative operations, risk systems, hedge accounting, risk management related to asset liability / treasury.
- Experience in financial modelling including statistics, risk, or other quantitative metrics.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing