What is the opportunity?As a Senior Manager within Digital Development & Support group, you would provide exceptional support services for various critical online applications. This is a Senior Manager position within Operations and Support responsible for partnering up with various IT and business stakeholders in order to assess, analyze and recommend business and technical solutions, and assist in the development and integration of end-to-end technical solutions that resolve application/system issues and meet business needs. You will manage a suite of Digital Applications to ensure smooth day-to-day business operations and work as part of the senior management team to deliver best-in-class support services. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Manage the Digital application support team across various shifts to support critical business processes on a 24/7 basis
- Ensure maximum system availability and accurate remediation of issues for the application portfolio (including raising, tracking and reporting issues and conflicts, resolving issues and escalating to senior management as required)
- Support the integration of new releases, bug fixes, patches and configuration changes into production, including post-release validation activities
- Work closely with the development team and business to gain early project insights and ensure non-functional requirements are understood and embedded into project plans as per SDLC
- Become Subject Matter Expert of the applicable technologies and obtain application business knowledge
- Provide technical leadership, expert counsel and guidance to application community and developers
- Actively seek to enhance capacity and optimize performance of online applications - manage, support and coordinate implementations with development and project teams
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical documentations, implementations and test plans
- Work with development leads to reduce alert notifications and achieve high availability of services (Goal 99.99%)
- Provide last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis; and management and upkeep of test and production environments
Nice to have:
- Relevant degree/ certificate in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Availability after hours for on-call support on rotation basis
- 5+ years of management experience, supporting high-volume transactions and critical applications as part of a team providing 24/7 production support
- 5+ years of experience in IT, in particularly with Microsoft technology
- Significant experience building, managing and improving a customer-focused team; ability to mentor and guide direct reports
- Site Reliability Engineering mind set to improve and automate processes
- Advanced knowledge, experience, and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration
- Knowledge of various monitoring and alerting tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Moog, PagerDuty and other synthetic monitoring tools
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Nexus, UCD, and SVN.
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry based platforms (Azure, PCF/Bluemix, OpenShift, etc.)
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational Data Base such as SQL, Mongo etc.
What's in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Platform: z/OS, WAS, AIX, and general Mainframe Operations
- Experience with Identity & Access management tools is a plus, such as IBM Security Access Manager for Web and Mobile
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs About RBC
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com. Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St WWork Hours/Week:
Experienced Hire/ProfessionalPay Type: