Requisition ID: 107778
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Job Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Wealth Management AML Risk (second line of defence) team by ensuring specific goals, plans and initiatives relating to the successful implementation and ongoing maintenance of Scotiabank's Enterprise AML/ATF Program are executed/delivered within timelines, in support of the team's overall strategies and objectives.
The role Senior Manager, AML Risk, Global Wealth Management is responsible for providing critical support to the Vice President in the effective and timely GWM AML Risk reporting to the various Wealth Management Canada (WMC) subsidiaries Boards and senior management/executives forums and is a key contact and SME for Sanctions related matters. Key Accountabilities
Experience / Education:
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Demonstrate leadership in championing a result-focused culture to deepen strategic relationships with internal partners and key stakeholder departments across the enterprise
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of industry issues and practices, global AML/ATF and Sanctions requirements. Specifically act as the team's designated Sanctions subject matters expert and first point of contact on sanctions related-matters or other enterprise AML-matters including projects and initiatives, as may be assigned.
- Effective planning, development and maintenance of annual calendars, agenda planners, work back schedules for the delivery of WMC subsidiaries Boards and senior management/executive level AML/ATF & Sanctions reporting activities, CAMLO Opinions and assessments
- Gather and analysis of data that would include GWM issues, business lines AML metrics updates, status of key AML initiatives/projects, regulatory/audit/testing review results, outputs of IWM heat map tool, etc. to ensure integral and accurate reporting
- Lead the build/development of AML/ATF and Sanctions Reports for the WMC subsidiaries Boards and senior management/executive, and CAMLO Opinions and writes speaking notes.
- Tracks and manage progress of deliverables and project by enhancing existing tools and artifacts or developing new ones and ensure adherence to internal records retention processes
- Lead the preparation of team monthly meeting agendas, presentations, minutes and quarterly achievements report
- Prepare power point presentations, dashboards, and various tracking and reporting artifacts.
- Project Management skills, for effectively and efficiently supporting the management of all deliverables by working independently or with a diverse working group, with varying expertise and job levels
- Manages personal development to ensure knowledge and skills related to AML/ATF and reporting trends and developments are continually enhanced by researching best practices, trends and taking courses designed to enhance skills
This is a temporary role for 12 months.
- Bachelor's Degree level or above education with a minimum of 4 year of professional experience in a financial service institution
- Strong knowledge of the AML/ATF and Sanctions program and its various elements, understating of the GWM program, a plus
- Demonstrate strong analytical and reporting skills including but not limited to preparing presentations, dashboards, etc. training material for senior management and the Board
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to manage difficult conversations. Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills to deal with pressing priorities deliverables and timelines with a high degree of flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Creative, self-starting, results-oriented and highly motivated individual with a keen ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and a team player with ability to work with various stakeholders in a complex global matrix organization
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Power BI is a plus
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Manager, Bank, Banking, Temporary, Finance, Management, Contract
Banking, Finance and Insurance