DESCRIPTION Join us to advance the state-of-the art in database technology and serve customers all around the world.
Our team develops Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility), a fully-managed cloud database that enables customers to persist JSON documents and retrieve them with a powerful query language. We are developing new query capabilities, pushing the bounds of performance, driving distributed systems innovation in scalability and high availability, and investing in user experience.
As a senior leader on the team, you will collaborate with your team members, partners, and senior leadership to shape the product vision, and you will own your team's engineering plan and execution. As a senior manager, you will hire, organize, and serve an organization spanning managers and engineers in research, prototyping, software design, and implementation. You will lead your organization in honing its processes and in building team culture, and you will facilitate staff members' career development. Depending on your specific role within the organization, your team may focus on core database technology and operating systems, distributed systems, telemetry and developer experience, or a multiplicity of these areas.
If you are excited by the prospect of making it easier for customers to store, query, and analyze data at scale; if you are interested in databases, operating systems, distributed systems, and/or developer experience; and if you are looking to build and serve a high-performing organization - we would love to hear from you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent skills and knowledge
• At least five years' experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining production software as an engineer
• At least two years' experience as an engineering manager and at least an additional two years' experience managing managers
• Demonstrated success delivering technical projects spanning teams
• Demonstrated experience communicating status and forward-looking plans with transparency to stakeholders, including skip-level management
• Demonstrated ability to hire, enable, coach, and promote software engineers and technical managers
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions, including effective written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience employing Agile development practices such as Scrum and Kanban
• Ability to audit and provide constructive feedback on technical designs, code, project plans, and project execution
• Experience building databases, operating systems, or production distributed systems, as an engineer or manager
Software and Programming