WSP's Building/Transportation M&E Team is currently seeking a Senior Lighting Designer with a passion for design to join our Lighting Team located in Toronto (25 York St.). Reporting to the Lighting Manager within the Mechanical & Electrical group; the successful candidate will be a creative force, who loves to play a key role in delivering cutting-edge Lighting Design projects for a range of industry clients including Transportation, Healthcare, Commercial, Educational, Entertainment & Recreation, Government & Cultural Buildings.
The successful candidate will be a team-focused professional, with the ability to deliver exceptional technical work as well as providing mentorship and guidance to junior members of the team.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Produce creative lighting concepts from proposal to detail design stage, including plans and design details, prepare specifications and schedules, build mock-ups, prepare sketch design proposals and liaise with architects, interior designers, and equipment suppliers;
- Attend design and site meetings, and produce technical reports;
- Produce accurate, efficient, creative and coordinated lighting design utilizing internal and external sources;
- Conduct ongoing analyses of fixture packages to identify opportunities and provide suggestions for optimal product and pricing selections;
- Mentoring and supervising the output of junior staff;
- Interfacing with clients and stakeholders and understand their needs and provide technical solutions on the projects;
- Keeping up to date with industry developments with respect to own discipline, other disciplines and engineering innovations and developments on a global scale;
- Ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with company and client quality requirements;
- Other duties as assigned by discipline manager;
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Lighting Design, or Architectural Engineering;
- 10+ years of experience as a Professional Lighting Designer (LC or CLD);
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates both creative and technical knowledge and skills associated with lighting design;
- IT skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit, AGi32, Photoshop and 3D software;
- Proficient with lighting calculations utilizing lighting modelling software;
- Complete understanding of Building Codes and Standards, including but not limited to Ontario Building Code (OBC), IESNA, ASHRAE, NFPA, etc.;
- Knowledge of the architectural and engineering design process;
- Capability to apply prescriptive codes, bylaws, and specification requirement when applicable;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge of Lighting products, fixtures and lamps, and control system;
- Project Management experience and skills to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and manage workload to meet project deadlines;
- Thrives working individually and within team environments;
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians