Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.TD Data and Information Management
covers building, developing, designing, and implementing involved with tech data management solutions. Where do we begin? These experts analyze, design, develop and support TD's info management system; lead and support bank data curation; develop data road map and info management strategies; focus on complex data integration, and drive use of our data reference model. This area doesn't work in isolation. We love data and we feel the same about integration and our assignments prove it.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description
We are seeking highly motivated and capable technologists to join our Data as a Services team to provide technical leadership across a broad range of data analysis functions including data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage, report design and other specialized data management functions. Works independently as a senior lead and may manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on various projects ranging in larger projects.
As a Senior Java Engineer / Solutions Designer
, you will:
- Elicit, analyze and understand business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, including data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data life-cycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Deliver Business or Enterprise Data deliverables for the various related platforms/servers/applications/systems and ensure adherence to Enterprise frameworks
- Apply automation and innovation on new data platforms and on-going on any new development projects / initiatives aligned to business or organizational strategies
- Design and implement complex ETL frameworks to provide a solution that meets business requirements
- Work closely with various technology/project teams to understand the business meaning of data, and provide analysis and requirements to ensure the data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with the intended design and standards
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards and ensure data quality and data requirements are embedded in and adhered to within the system development deliverables
- Develop and maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to elicit information/data requirement and articulate those requirements in a manner that can be easily understood by team members
- Provide support to the development and testing teams to resolve data issues
- Implement, maintain and enhance Data Governance, Data Quality and related policies, in alignment with TD's Enterprise standards and frameworks in collaboration with the Data
- Ensure requirements are captured regarding privacy and security of data, data governance and access controls
- Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Hands-on experience (7+ years) developing Java J2EE application, web app, SOA app. MQ app will be a plus.
- Must have Hibernate experience.
- Senior work experience (7+ years) on Spring framework, Hibernate/JPA, MVC, REST Service. Experience of mybatis will be a big plus.
- Good understanding of JVM level of knowledge, memory, GC, classpath, performance tuning.
- Working experience in all the common tool/utilities: maven, git, restful api testing, ftp, ssh, unix script, SSL encryption.
- Strong troubleshooting skill - Able to read and debug the code.
- Good coding skills.
- Spark experience will be a plus.
- Oracle pl/sql oracle FBA/FDA experience will be a plus.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- Sound to advanced knowledge of business, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology from a design/support/ solutions perspective.
- Readiness and motivation (as an experienced developer and subject matter expert) to address and resolve complex issues, guide/advise/support clients, partners and project teams, often working on multiple medium-to-large sized projects.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
- Capacity and eagerness to work independently as a senior/lead role on multiple tasks and coach/educate/guide/direct others.
- Ability to assume assignments that are moderate- to highly- complex and multi-faceted, to be performed under management guidance.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.