Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
Business Shared Services Technology plans, delivers and operates leading technologies to the Contact Centre organizations across all lines of business at TD, in Canada and in the US. As TD is planning the design and deployment of the next wave of technologies advancements in this field, the organization is looking for exceptional professionals to join the new program team that will lead this technology and business transformation.
You will be working within a high-profile initiative, dealing with a range of technologies and experts, solution architects, voice and data engineers, developers, testers and application specialists from the bank and our partnersJob Description About This Role
As a member of the Business Shared Services Technology (BSST) team, Sr. IT Developer for Service Layer will develop and support Service Layer APIs to meet the overall goal of the business and program. This role will be part of a large transformational program team that will enable many lines of business in the enterprise. It is central for enabling meaningful and personalized customer experience in the assisted service channels (IVR) and will lead the organization in adopting increasingly advanced capabilities.
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- This is a both Developer and Support role.
- Develop / Support APIs and perform unit / component test aligned to business needs and in accordance with technology architecture standards
- In conjunction with the Solution Architect, assist the Application Owner, Development Manager and Technology Delivery Lead by providing effort estimates for new projects and initiatives
- Develop, implement, support and improve solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency/ effectiveness and minimize/prevent problems/ issues
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues)
- Collaborate and interact directly with design, business and technology partners. Covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing and support-maintenance
- Create and maintain quality code, ensure defect free programming consistent with standards; provide code maintenance and support during testing cycles and post-production deployment and participate in reviewing peer coding
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies, emerging trends/developments and grow knowledge of the business, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques
- Performs complex to difficult technical tasks independently and resolves highly complex and multifaceted development related problems
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind
- Works as the senior developer and coaches/guides team members within area of expertise
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate (Graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in API / application development.
- In depth understanding of full application stacks and the ability to work in any layer (client/server/business/database)
- Relevant technologies include but are not limited to:
- Java/J2EE, RESTful APIs, Webservices, Datapower, AuthZ, AuthN, OAuth, Azure cloud, Kubernetes, Containers, NodeJS, JBoss, Spring Boot, XML, Stash etc.
- Strong development experience in Java technology
- In depth understanding of AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in writing unit test cases with Junit
- Familiarity with tools like Bitbucket/Git, Eclipse, RAD, JIRA, Cyara and Confluence.
- High comfort level in leading the support of highly complex and/or comprehensive applications/systems
- Strength in identifying root causes and implementing targeted and controlled remediation plans
- Working experience with MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Knowhow of Telephony platforms, Genesys (Framework, GVP, GME, ORS), Pure Engage and Google CCAI (Google DialogFlow) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Hands-on experience with various SDLC including waterfall, agile and extreme methodologies
- Experience working within a large-scale Enterprise environment preferably banking / financial industry
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.