Requisition ID: 104345
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. IT Asset Management Analyst
Manage vendor IT assets throughout entire IT asset lifecycle in alignment with relevant BNS frameworks/methodologies, and with business and enterprise objectives.
Provide leadership, direction and coaching to teams(s) while partnering with business and executive stakeholders. May facilitate and / or support management of enterprise vendors, providing recommendations related to optimizing cost, risk and benefit of IT assets.
• Manages a portfolio of vendors with moderate to high operational /strategic dependency and that are significant in scope, complexity, and criticality. Typically globally deployed with spend greater than $5MM/year
• Responsible for management of assigned assets throughout its entire lifecycle. Tasks include but not limited to:
1. Forecast & Request:
• Educate and train business partners on related ITAM policies and procedures
• Action all intake and general inquiry requests received
• Gather and provide business partners with the data to support the analysis of IT asset requirements and maintenance budgets and business cases.
• Contribute to regular stakeholder reporting relating to software spend, renewals and PO's processed
2. Analyze & Procure:
• Provide proposals/ recommendations related to optimizing cost, risk and benefit of IT assets throughout the lifecycle
• Utilize the SAM tool to maintain a single global view of all entitlements
• Assess all new requests to ensure the appropriate product is procured at appropriate rates and quantities
• Process all PO's via a standard procurement tool (servicenow, coupa, SMS)
3. Install and Maintain
• Create a schedule for periodic validation of key ITAM data structures and update as required (i.e. entitlements, deployments, catalogues, architecture depositions, financial allocations)
• Leverage the SAM tool to ensure all software entitlements are tied appropriately to software models and discovery data is normalized correctly.
• As required maintain systematic license allocations via vendor consoles or SAM tool
4. Monitor and track
• Complete full software compliance reconciliations and ensure vendor dashboards are complete and accurate
• Drive remediation of IT asset-related risks and progress of optimization activities
• Gather data and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of IT asset lifecycles. Report findings monthly or per prescribed timelines
5. Decommission & Reuse
• Assess and make recommendation based on usage data
• Reclaim unused software and ensure shelf licenses are allocated before new purchases are made
• Identify all software deployments that must be that be uninstalled or black-listed
• May support/lead enterprise vendor management activities
• Independently delivers assigned initiatives, ensuring business requirements are defined and met
• Provides day-to-day support to assigned business partner(s) with minimal management guidance/oversight
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting, and that data completeness and quality issues are quickly identified and escalated to the responsible data or process owners.
• Act as a strong resource within area of expertise by sharing advice and counsel
• May oversee/manage a small team of analysts, providing coaching and oversight as appropriate
• Generally, reports to IT Asset Manager Functional Competencies
• Experience in Software Asset Management
• Advanced Knowledge of Information Technology
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field Role Desirables
• IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
• Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
• Proficiency with excel and database software
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Procurement, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Operations, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance